I Need A #(@$& Burrito!!!

Options

Replies

• trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I hit Chipotle a couple times a month. Order a bowl, light beans, no rice (or very little), normal meat, just hot sauce (not the corn based salsa) lettuce, and you're good to go. You can do this for about 450 - 600 cal depending on how you set it up...

My "Won't go back" food is a big iced cinnamon roll. No such thing as eating half...
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just have one. You don't even have to "budget" it or exercise a ton, just have one and enjoy it. One day of being over on calories won't hurt you. Indulging once in a while is actually healthy for your body and your mind. Don't restrict yourself so much, don't be too rigid in your daily diet. It's important to maintain healthy habits as you work toward your goal (and for the rest of your life) but that doesn't mean you can't have treats.

Thus my struggle. I know you're right, this irrational fear that it will result in permanent loss of control needs to be subdued.
  • emfilomena
    emfilomena Posts: 120
    Options
    You *kitten*, now I want one too.

My thoughts exactly, except I want a burrito bowl, oh goodness..:sad:

As others have said, work it into your calories, exercise it off, or even indulge. You did say you used to have Chipotle 2-3 times a week last year.. and when was the last time you had it? Either way, the ingredients are fresh and you can look up nutritional info if it causes that much anxiety. :) Please enjoy some of it for me!!
  • jodimw
    jodimw Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem the other day. I wanted one SO bad! Instead, I went home and made them. 2 8 inch flour tortillas, 1/4 c beans split between the two, two slices of ultra thin sliced cheese, greek yogurt instead of our cream and loaded it with salsa. It was amazing and totally satisfied my craving for Betos! And when I crave Cafe Rio Pork Salad.... I just go ahead and get it and split it into 2 meals and a snack! 16 lbs lost in 5 weeks isn't half bad... especially seeing as how I don't feel deprived. Give a little... the mexican food gods are calling! ;)
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Googled burrito and darn they look tasty. Especially the mince ones. Good thing I've never seen them in my country or I'd embarrass myself :)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Eat it! All the cool kids are doing it.
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Plan your food for tomorrow so you can have one.

Hell, eat half of one at lunch and wrap the other half for dinner. Then you can have it twice.

^^This! Or have 1/2 at dinner tonight and the other 1/2 for dinner tomorrow.
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    cut it in half, eat it. Take the rest home in a doggy bag and have it for lunch.
    It's best to indulge yourself every once in a while then to have all your cravings come crashing down on you on night and the next morning you have a food hangover from binging on 5,000 calories and loads of fat.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Have half of one once in awhile.......
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options

As others have said, work it into your calories, exercise it off, or even indulge. You did say you used to have Chipotle 2-3 times a week last year.. and when was the last time you had it? Either way, the ingredients are fresh and you can look up nutritional info if it causes that much anxiety. :) Please enjoy some of it for me!!

I'm really sorry. I actually thought of starting this thread a week ago, didn't want to make it harder for anyone but like the craving I could only hold out for so long. I'd hate to think I've made it more difficult for any of you. If so, PM me some desserts or something as payback.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    My trigger food is chocolate. I have eaten an entire box of turtles in one sitting. It doesn't happen much lately, but if it did, I would just shrug it off and get back to work. And not have it around, so I won't be tempted. Not sure the desire ever goes away, but it only lasts a day. I don't backslide into that black hole anymore. because I have learned the consequences. Good luck to you, you can do this.
  • emfilomena
    emfilomena Posts: 120
    Options

I'm really sorry. I actually thought of starting this thread a week ago, didn't want to make it harder for anyone but like the craving I could only hold out for so long. I'd hate to think I've made it more difficult for any of you. If so, PM me some desserts or something as payback.

Oh please!! It's quite alright, do not even worry about it. I'm only joking around anyway, don't give it a second thought : ) There are plenty of suggestions and support on this threat. I suggest getting that burrito and executing either one of these cleverly devised eating plans or simply enjoying it. When you're eating, instead of ordering let's say a soft drink, get an iced water and drink a little bit every few bites. Try to enjoy the flavors instead of shoveling it down, because trust me, I know what it's like to want all of that delicious goodness in your mouth NOW. And hey, it doesn't hurt to have half for lunch and half for dinner as well. Either way, make the most of your experience : )
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mmm...Chipotle. I don't mind splitting one in half but I want to eat the whole bag of chips with it and that's 560 calories, I think. Go for the half with veggies plan, if only because then you can be full and eat it two days in a row.

My trainer says the only fast food she eats is Chipotle and Subway because they have reasonable, healthy options.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Make your own burrito!!! Just replace the sour cream with plain greek yogurt, use less and lowfat cheese, and replace the rice with even more beans, plus bell peppers, onion, avocado and tomato.

I make vegetarian burritos ALL the time, and they are DELICIOUS not to mention under 300 calories a plate, packed with proteins, good fats, and vitamins. You can microwave corn tortillas and then fold them into burritos to put it all in, too!
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm a Chipotle FREAK and I still enjoy it. Here are my suggestions:

1) Go to http://www.chipotlefan.com and play with their nutrition info generator. You tick off your ingredients and it tells you how much your burrito is. Tweak the ingredients and see if you can sacrifice something to minimize the impact.

2) Ditch the tortilla and get a bowl. Tortillas are nearly 300 calories, or almost a third of the calories of the whole thing.

3) Get soft tacos (preferably corn, they're half the calories of flour tortillas) instead. The same taste as the burrito, but smaller quantity. Supplement your appetite with other healthy goodies. (I don't think the nutrition generator is right on that site because there's no way you get as much contents in 3 soft tacos as you get in a burrito.)

Some of the other suggestions are very good, too. Personally, I am kinda picky so I can get a salad that works out to only 400-600 calories which fits fine into my plan.

I haven't had a burrito in a couple months, either, so I totally feel your pain. But we do need to plan an indulgence once in a while so we can learn how best to control it so we don't fall down the slippery slope into weight gain again.

[Edit: To the post above mine, nice try... they sprinkle crack on the meat along with the other spices. There's no substituting. :D]
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I spent about 1,200 calories at my favorite Mexican joint today.
    2 Beef Burritos, chips and salsa........
    Yes it was sinful but it was damn good!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Not just any burrito. I want a Chipotle chicken burrito with black beans, brown rice, corn salsa, sour cream and cheese. Should I have one?

Don't mean to tempt anyone, but last year I had 2-3 of these a week. I can't take it anymore, I want out.
    Part of the reason that abstaining from foods you like are the failure in dieting. Learning how to involve it in your lifestyle (say once a week) makes a difference. Maybe eat a very light breakfast, or skip it all together on the day you want to eat it to save some calories for it.
    I eat junk food 20% of the time. Nothing like eating what you want to in moderation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I can eat in moderation everything but my trigger (chocolate). Once I start, I eat it til it is gone, so I try not to buy it. Good thing I am not a drug addict.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am trying to plan for Mad Mex's Overly Masculine Grilled Portebello With Foo Foo Tofu Fajitas.

They are 1230 calories for the entree. I plan on eating 1/2 at the restaurant and eating the other 1/2 next day for breakfast.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    oh - i ate one a little while ago and blogged about how i made love to it ...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/_snw_/view/my-burrito-foodsex-story-in-pictures-212890