After pregnancy girdle, do they work?

Options
Lindz8afish
Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
Has anyone had success with a post delivery girdle or belt? I'm not looking for one as a magic fix me all. I know hard work, good diet and time works best and it's what I did after my first son. But just wondering if they would help with the access tummy even a little bit? Has anyone ever used one and had success, or used one and it didn't work at all?

Replies

• Tialove1
    Tialove1 Posts: 41
    Options
    Yes they do work. It helps to put your abdominal muscles back in place after having a baby. It also helps prevent you from having the post natal pooch. You still need to exercise, but for the first 6-8 weeks don't do too much working out or none at all. Give your body time to heal naturally and wear the girdle and just rest. You will notice a difference. Let your body do its own thing and then when you are cleared by the doctor start your regimen.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bump...I was just wondering about this today, especially for my next c-section.
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it worked for me like that, but after losing 20 pounds in a few hours, it helped give me support for my tummy. I hated that feeling of my stomach being heavy and empty and my muscles were too weak to hold it up, so it was great for that. I wore it for as long as it made me feel comfortable, while easing into gaining strength back into my tummy (by doing light leg lifts and 'reachers' - very, VERY carefully)
  • Sabdavis
    Sabdavis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did the bamboo one and I think it helped. My body is the same as it was prior (well, now it's almost 30 lbs lighter than prior), but definitely was able to get back in my pants and no baby pooch.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    I bought the belly bandit but never used it. I had a c-section and it sat right on my incision. They actually gave me a wrap in the hospital (they do for most c-sections) to help keep pressure off the incision sight. It was wider and strechier then the belly bandit I wore that for a few weeks. I may just be lucky but I don't have the saggy post baby pooch and I gained 42 pounds. Check Target or other places for a similar wrap. You don't need to wpend big bucks on the belly bandit.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My best friend got the belly bandit and wore it immediately after giving birth (she did not have a c-section though) and her daughter is 1 1/2 now and you would never have even known she was ever pregnant. Her stomach is FLAT and has no extra skin...however, she also has really awesome genes and wouldn't know what a work out was if it slapped her in the face, and she's never been over weight a day in her life.

But still, she did gain weight when pregnant and I saw her maybe 2 months after and she was almost back to pre-pregnancy size. I'm skeptical, since my genes aren't as amazing as hers, but when I decide to have more kids, I'm totally going to try it!
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    wish I had known about this type of thing after I had my kids.
  • JustineDianaD
    JustineDianaD Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    YES! I don't have a perfect stomach, but it def. helped me!
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    wish I had known about this type of thing after I had my kids.

snap to that
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I used the Belly Bandit and my stomach is as flat as it was before pregnancy. I did have to buy two though, because the larger size was already too big by the time my daughter was two weeks old.
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I will be getting one just to help assist me with getting back my body after pregnancy! I had a pooch for 6-7 months after my first son. It will be interesting to see how well this helps :)
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I read about these when pregnant with my second daughter and decided to try it. I wore the version you can buy at Target (I forget the name) for 2 weeks straight after delivery, except for in the shower. It felt good to have the support, and it was gentle enough that it wasn't binding. It isn't a miracle worker, by any means...you can't replace healthy eating and exercise, but I have to admit that by 6 weeks PP I was at the same WEIGHT as I was PP with my first, but my hips and tummy were smaller in diameter. It's like the support helped everything secure back into a smaller package. I wish I would have done this after my first daughter 4 years ago!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wish I had, my muscles never completely fused back together
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have a belly bandit (I need to get a smaller one for next time though)... and it worked for me... within a few days you couldn't tell (with clothes on) that I was pregnant.
  • kidrobot3
    kidrobot3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I wish I had known about that! Oh well. I had a c-section anyway.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I had 4 c-sections. I used the wrap from the hospital and that seemed help with support. I did buy one after my last pregancy to help with the muscle tone and to help bring my belly in sooner. I did not think it work and stopped wearing it after 4-5 weeks. Honestly, I think your body will go back at its own pace. You can help it by exercising, stretching, and eating well.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out. I bought one and only wore it a couple of times. I hated the feeling of it...maybe you have to stick with it to see results. My OB/GYN told me they don't really do what they claim to do as far as helping your stomach muscles shrink faster. For me it was just too uncomfy with all the other things going on with my body, I didn't need that too. Hope it works for you though! ;-)
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Will it work if you had your child 6 years ago???? LOL! :laugh:
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Will it work if you had your child 6 years ago???? LOL! :laugh:

LOL I wonder the same thing
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I bought one but never used it.. my midwives told me not to until I reached 6 weeks because it can actually cause more damage than good being that restrained right after labour. Just eat well after labour and work out after 6 weeks and you will be fine. I was back in a bikini 2 months post baby and you would never know I had just given birth.... I think a lot of women say they work because they are already probably in good shape or are more cautious of what they eat after birth so the body goes back faster. Keep working out until the day you give birth and get right back on the healthy eating after... trust me it will be worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!