BEWARE!!

Options
BEWARE! Those little cookie peddlers are out in full force, selling their boxes of diet-killers to the weak-willed dieters. You've been warned!!

Replies

• GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    We don't have Girl Scout cookies here in the UK and hearing you guys talking about them totally makes me want to try them! Lol.
  • Ladyeliah
    Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I see them almost every day either to or from work. Luckily, the cookies sell for $4 a box in Boston and I can get them for $3.50 a box if I wait until my niece is selling them again. :)
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I had boxes filling more than half my van as I have 3 girls selling. I think I have eaten AT THE MOST...12 :) I am so proud of myself!!! Last year I could have eaten a whole box of caramel delights on my own. And hid cookies from the kids. This year they love me because I might eat 3 and give them all the rest. :drinker:
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    We don't have Girl Scout cookies here in the UK and hearing you guys talking about them totally makes me want to try them! Lol.

That's what I first said about my crack habit too...
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have a sweet tooth. It's the Smirnoff fairies that get me EVERY TIME :)
  • Malrose01
    Malrose01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Every time I see them, looking so cute at their little tables, I feel guilty. But when they ask me, I'm like "Sorry, I'm trying to watch what I eat." Then I watch other people buy the cookies, and I think evil things: "Hahaha, you buy those cookies. I hope they taste delicious, because they are full of sugar and fat, and it's not worth it, and I'm going to be fitting into smaller jeans while you're rocking the sweatpants, so THERE." Aaaand, then I walk away.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I just think, "There's people out there using little girls' cuteness to turn a profit" and I turn away and don't think twice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,702 Member
    Options
    Scouting is against homosexuality, so I have no issue not giving money over to the organization.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I seen them today looking at me with those puppy dog eyes as I walked by with my cans of tuna.
  • Paolinat
    Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Scouting is against homosexuality, so I have no issue not giving money over to the organization.

IDEA Fitness member

I googled what you said and in fact, you are only half right. Boy Scouts exclude homosexuality. Girl scouts don't.. Google girl scouts homosexual and there is some interesting articles.
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I usually buy a bunch and eat them by the handful. This year, I'm not letting any into the house. When I'm at maintenance, maybe I'll trust myself, but I know where my ability to handle reasonable portions ends.
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    Sometimes I feel tempted but I can't really justify spending more than 4 bucks on a box of cookies.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have a girl guide and there are 40 cases of those evil cookies sitting in my pantry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,702 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I googled what you said and in fact, you are only half right. Boy Scouts exclude homosexuality. Girl scouts don't.. Google girl scouts homosexual and there is some interesting articles.
    Nah, a "non advocacy policy" is just a way of saying "we don't care if you're lesbian and don't let anybody else know either". If someone has to be detered from stating they have a same sex partner (EX a troop leader can say "this is my husband", but a lesbian can't say "this is my partner") it's just a silent way of saying they are just closet conservatives IMO.

IDEA Fitness member
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    yes i to have spoted the little crack peddlers......make me want to eat brownies......:laugh:
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Is it really? That I did not know. Imma gonna research this, and if I find out that it's true... I'm gonna have to hate you for the rest of my life because I will never again be able to eat a thin mint.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Every time I see them, looking so cute at their little tables, I feel guilty. But when they ask me, I'm like "Sorry, I'm trying to watch what I eat." Then I watch other people buy the cookies, and I think evil things: "Hahaha, you buy those cookies. I hope they taste delicious, because they are full of sugar and fat, and it's not worth it, and I'm going to be fitting into smaller jeans while you're rocking the sweatpants, so THERE." Aaaand, then I walk away.

Ya know what is really fun? Ask the girl selling what her favorite flavor is, buy them and then give them to her to share with her friends! It is killer to work a cookie table and not eat some! and you get to smile a little bigger when you think about the smaller jeans.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    yes i to have spoted the little crack peddlers......make me want to eat brownies......:laugh:

Yikes! Is that a threat?
  • loftard1
    loftard1 Posts: 14
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm samoas ..............well i bought two of those boxes so i am one of those weak willed dieters .....its once a year im just one man cant resist those cute little girl scouts sellin those delscious wieght gain in a box . But this year i wasted my money ate 2 of the samoas and gave the rest to my girls sniff.......=< i miss them dman cookies
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I saw them outside the grocery store yesterday and they've never had a cookie that interested me. Now maybe if they offer a sugar free cookie then they will get my money but they don't.