Can Anyone Recommend A Scale?

Options
I'm scale shopping. Can someone recommend an accurate, durable, cost-effective scale?

Oh and where can I buy measuring tape (living in the US)?

Replies

• CatherineShawRN
    Options
    Measuring tape at walmart, or Joann fabrics some place like that. Soft makes it easier to wrap around arms and such. Scales well a nice one is coming out with Fitbit.com that I am looking at buying. I have a glass weight watcher one that I got at walmart years ago.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like my Tanita scale. Lbs, BF% and hydration.
  • training101
    Options
    I like my Weight Watcher scale.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i use a heath o meter digital scale it's very accurate, i weigh the same on it as i do at the doctors office on their big digital scale. It cost me $14.99 on sale. I used to use a manual one for years also by health o meter but i constantly had to re calibrate it so my weight was always off by at least 5 lbs so i would go with the digital scale. Measurements also works for some but not me, another way to measure is just going by the fit of your clothes I do that as well by constantly trying on something I'm working on getting into or by how saggy my current clothes are getting. Hope this helps you, happy scale shopping :o)
  • srmchargue
    srmchargue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd love to recommend mine but I can't. It's the TAYLOR 55684102 BODY FAT & BODY WATER MONITOR WITH BMI. For some reason it can't calculate my body fat/water or BMI at my height. If I bump it up two inches it calculates just fine. I have a feeling it's just because my BMI is soo high, calculated it's over 33% the scale thinks it's 38% at 2 inches taller so if you're in or above that range I wouldn't recommend it. If you're under that and you will be able to return it easily it can keep track of 12 different users and measures quite alot and seems very accurate on weight just not the other things it's supposed to measure.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I like my Tanita scale. Lbs, BF% and hydration.

+1 but I only use te weight bit. It isw fairly consistant, step on it several times in a row and you will get the same reading, not all do that.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I actually got my measuring tape at Kroger for like $2 or $3. Its a nice pretty pink too :) It was on an end cap where they have some sewing stuff.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I use a Taylor 5563. It's older now, but it does the BFA stuff too. I haven't been using it for that, though. It seems accurate to me. I put two 15lb dumbbells on it, and it said 30 lbs on the nose. But it only goes in 1/2 lb increments and tops out at 330lbs. If you weigh more than that, you see the image below. VVVV
  • LovelyDayDay
    LovelyDayDay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hellooooooo =) i was told by several people (whom dont know eachother) that the weight watchers scale is most accurate. my Target brand scale is on something cause it gives me different numbers..lol
    and i would say walmart is the best choice cause they would have lots of the golds gym brand measuring tape on stock. and the price is less than 5bucks.

good luck
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I have the weight watchers body composition and analysis scale its good because you see how much , fat weight , fat % , water weight water % bone mass, weight lost since last weigh in, weight to go till goal is reached, , BMI, BMR
    :happy:
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd recommend the basic Taylor digital scale Target is currently selling for $17.99 (at least in SF, CA). I just bought one and it doesn't seem to be all that accurate; I don't think my family members' weights should be fluctuating as much as they seem to be. Maybe I shouldn't have been such a cheapskate. I was afraid the glass ones might be breakable though.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just bought a measuring tape this evening because I somehow lost my old one. It cost about $1 at Michael's. I have a Tanita scale that does weight and BF% that I like. Not sure what it cost because my fiance bought it years ago.

I just bought an EatSmart Precision GetFit for my friend for his birthday. He loves it and I'm pretty jealous. It does weight, BF%, water, muscle and bone mass. It also looks pretty slick. It cost about $55 on Amazon. I've got my fingers crossed that ours gives out soon so I have an excuse to get one for myself.