im friggin frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
the first few weeks weight was dropping off like nothing else....now..its going alot slower...granted i understand this is gonna happen...but its like i already hit my first plateau and i've tried upping my calories the past few days....and today i went back to how it was when dropping....oh and i dont enter my exercise because my work is fast paced and im lucky if i have a chance to sit for 10 minutes every 2 hours..and i wear toning shoes...people say they see the inches really coming off...great...but i want the scale to move as well...i dont wanna be a thin looking but scale says otherwise chick beware tmi about to follow...could it have to do with the fact i am well..hmm...not regular at the moment?? lemme hide my face now..lol.....any suggestions??

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    How is your water intake?
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    are you taking measurements?

because it's not always the number on the scale.
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    i generally drink 3-4 liters of water a day
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    the first few weeks weight was dropping off like nothing else....now..its going alot slower...granted i understand this is gonna happen...but its like i already hit my first plateau and i've tried upping my calories the past few days....and today i went back to how it was when dropping....oh and i dont enter my exercise because my work is fast paced and im lucky if i have a chance to sit for 10 minutes every 2 hours..and i wear toning shoes...people say they see the inches really coming off...great...but i want the scale to move as well...i dont wanna be a thin looking but scale says otherwise chick beware tmi about to follow...could it have to do with the fact i am well..hmm...not regular at the moment?? lemme hide my face now..lol.....any suggestions??
    Yeah, get rid of the "toning" shoes. They're a scam and could end up being worse for your posture and joints if you're not built right for them.
    You can only lose so much by diet alone before hitting stall. And daily activity work isn't exercise, it's daily activity. You'd probably want to find a way to get in some resistance training to help up your RMR and get things moving again or just continue to stay in calorie deficit for another couple of weeks and see how it turns out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yesssss that can definatly make the scale mess up..

i weighed 206 yesterday and today i weight 208..wth lol i know i didnt gain that overnight..but im very close to my TOM and im not a regular bathroom going person..
    so yes thats probably why.
  • repoman150
    repoman150 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    LOL....I have a suggestion if I may. Patience :) I went through the exact same thing, swearing I was gonna throw my friggin scale out the window. Sometimes it takes a bit of extra time for the body to adjust. My scale didnt move an inch for a little over two weeks....Then FINALLY it started dropping. Give it a bit of time....I promise, the scale will move.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    FYI: the center word in your post title is actually the "f" word. Offensive!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Didn't take a month or two to gain the weight, won't take a month or two or probably even three to lose it. I have to tell myself several times a day: "patience is a virtue". One that I don't possess, so it's a learning process! Chin up, you've lost 21 pounds and that's fantastic! Take every little bit and forge ahead :)
  • michellebd1980
    Options

I don't find it offensive. I swear today people try to find ways to be offended. Seriously? C'Mon!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I don't find it offensive either and what's that got to do with the question. To the OP, have to agree, just be patient for a while. You will get there.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

That's not true - it is still a sexually related term, but not the same as ****ing.

But seriously, it's like getting offended because someone said "sugar" - you know they're really saying "****", right?

If it offends you, just look away...

I'm sure some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy...
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    thanks guys!