Under on Calories, but it's late...?

So, this has been a rare day. I am under my calorie goal by 300, but it's 11:30PM and I need to go to bed. In cases like this do I scarf something before I sleep or just learn to eat more earlier in the day for the next time?

Replies

• TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    If you are hungry, eat. If you are not hungry, don't eat.
  • bosquebrewer
    bosquebrewer Posts: 13 Member
    Eat 300 extra tomorrow? It's not like your body has a magic clock and knows the difference. Or you could not eat them. I try to just average my goal for the week. I could do a month or a year or whatever but a week is long enough that I don't get hung up on trying to eat extra one night just because they're there but still practical enough to keep track.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    Eat or don't. Time doesn't really matter where total consumption of calories for a day comes in.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Oh you better eat - you're metabolism will be ruined!! Just kidding!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    This happens to me quite often. Not because I'm good but because I work some evenings and don't get time to eat. I find eating late doesn't help my morning weigh in, so if I am a long way under or feel hungry I eat something sensible, like an apple or some dried fruit. That way I go to bed without too much junk lying in my tummy, but feeling comfortable. Or sometimes I'lll do a milky coffee as a treat.
  • Thanks all. :) I'm new to the whole counting calories thing. I appreciate the encouragement and insight.
  • slimlifter
    slimlifter Posts: 61 Member
    Try a slow release protein shake. It should bulk up in your stomach and slowly release protein throughout the night so you don't wake up hungry. I'm using this at the moment and it's working great :)