Has anyone ever tried ADVOCARE or have thoughts on it

Options
My best friend sells advocare and has for about a year. She uses the products and seems to have had some pretty decent results. I was wondering if anyone else has tried it? Or knows if it's truely worth the money?

Replies

• denisechatt
    Options
    I did the 24 day challenge, and honestly.. I think it's a waste of your $. I ended up losing 6 lbs, and about 2 inches from my upper waist (under my bra) and 2 inches from around my belly button. I paid over $200 for everything... and I ended up running out of 2 of the items (Spark and Catalyst) before the end of the 24 days... so, I actually would've paid $40 or MORE than what I had already paid... if you sign up to be a distributor, they say you get a discount, but it's only 20% and it's really not that "great" of a discount.

I have kept the weight off, (for the last 3 weeks), and I do realize that I don't need the junk (more like carbs) I was eating, BUT... I kind of think I would've had the same results, eating more fruits and veggies, and less carbs anyway... I've also been watching a lot of documentaries on food, and realized how bad certain foods are for you, so I'm avoiding alot of food on my own...trying to just eat healthy.. and I think that had a lot to do with my 6lb loss as well...

So... this is just my personal opionion. I have purchased more catalyst, just to see if I would have any more results with it.. and honestly.. I don't think it's doing anything,, I've been on it for a week, and still weigh the same... I did not exercise during the 24 day challenge, and still lost 6 pounds.. but, not sure $200 (+) was worth 6 lbs and 4 inches...

Anyway.. let me know if you have any questions.. depending who your sponsor is, you might not get all the info you are suppose to. I had to search for info b/c I had no idea what I was suppose to do the whole time... there is a lot of info out there that is really confusing.... seems like there isn't a "set" way to do the 24 day challenge...just depends on the info you find.

hope this helps!

Denise
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of it before this post but looking at their website I'm inclined to think that they're just one more company (it's a long list) selling weight management products that have little or no real value except to their shareholders. It's a multi-level marketing company which, typically, means higher than average prices - all these residual commissions have to come from somewhere.