Workers, how do you keep up motivation to work out when you

Options
In the warmer months, I'm a waitress several days a week, and a photographer 1-2 days a week, in addition to holding down other sedentary part-time jobs. Each day at the pub and as a photographer involves a 10-12 hour shift, with no assistance (no busboys at the place I serve, no assistants at weddings and events), so it's extremely physically demanding work. Nothing less than 7 hours of sleep that night will cut it.

I'm still often exhausted throughout the week and have absolutely no motivation to work out in addition to workdays. I really need help with motivation. I'm lucky I don't suffer from any hormonal abnormalities or anemia, so I suspect it's an attitude problem. How do you cut through the tiredness and get out the door?

Replies

• dvlsplaythng
    dvlsplaythng Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this is cliche, but find something that you really enjoy that will keep you motivated. Like go swimming! Its really excellent on the body (joints, knees, feet, etc) and you really work out. Or find classes in the water. Maybe get a dvd of yoga or stretching. Maybe just devote most of your time to weights. It sounds like your doing enough cardio throughout the day, try weights and do them every other day, itll burn more calories while you rest. Or fun stuff like xbox kinect. I heard Jillian has this awesome new workout game, that doesnt even seem like you are actually working out. Walk the dog, or take a bike ride. Something that doesnt even seem like your working out.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Huh, I guess I wasn't thinking about it the right way, since I'm paying for this gym membership. I'd love to walk around the city or hike-- or play a game!

Thanks Dev! :devil:
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    I agree, find something that you really enjoy. For me, it was Walk At Home by Leslie Sansone and Jillian Michaels DVDs! I generally don't like working out but I did slowly work myself up to it. That's all you need to do... Start off with a couple days a week and then slowly add another day or two every week and before you know it, it will be like second nature! Hope that helps.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Since you have a gym membership, go there and lift weights or swim or whatever works for you!
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    You just gotta do it :) you'll feel much better for it. I have to go in the morning before I start work so im up about 8 most mornings. It sucks but worth it. I want to get down to a size 10 by the time my work contract finishes. Thats what keep me going.