Looking for Friends (I'm from England)

Options
Hi There,

I'm Miranda, 26 and from England.

I have around 50lb to lose. I have been on the site just over a month, but haven't been sticking to it..... now I MUST lose weight. It's my other half's xmas party in exactely 1 month and I'd like to drop a dress size by then as my first mini goal.

I'm a vegetarian and I've just joined the local gym.

I'd really like some more friends on here..... people from anywhere are more than welcome, but I'd really like some English/European friends as i've noticed that the time difference often means I 'miss' my American friends posts.

Please add me!

M

Replies

• Gettingbettereveryday
    Options
    I'm also in the uk - feel free to add me :-)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am in the uk, plus if you search for Uk groups there are loads of us on here. Feel free to add, good luck!
  • wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in England too, always looking for new UK friends, please add me.x
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im from england too! Im 20 years old, engaged and have a 6 month old baby boy - the chubbier one in the picture!
    I started at 12st12lbs and am looking to get to 9-10st. 9st being the ultimate goal. Im 11st3lbs now so getting closer!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and from England.

Good luck wih your first goal.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 28 from the UK! Feel free to add me too! Also like a previous poster wrote search groups for team UK
  • vaderq84
    vaderq84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm from Poland, but it's technically close than the US. I would like to add you to my friends if you don't mind. Good luck with your goal. Stick to your program and diet and you should achieve it in no time. :D
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am also a Brit - but I do live on the other side of the ocean - Canada to be exact. If you would like an over seas buddy - make me your friend. A dress size in a month .... with your determination - you will do it!
  • Roly59
    Roly59 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi
    I'm from the UK but now living in France. I have re connected with this programme as I joined then fell by the wayside. I have 12 kilos to lose and am struggling to get motivated. Living in a rural area there are no gyms handy and walking is great but can get pretty boring on your own all the time.
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I had similar goals to you and live in Hampshire, England. I started with 60 lbs to loose and just goined the gym for the first time a few months ago. I've got about 20lbs to go. This site is a great help, and giving and getting regular encouragement from my mfp friends is really motivating!
    Feel free to add me, amd good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Tazke
    Tazke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am from Belgium and I want to loose in total 66 lbs, more is better, but better to set a goal I can succeed in.
    I already lost about 22 lbs on 16 weeks. But this is with support of a dieticien in the hospital.

I have to loose weight so I can get easier pregnant and for a surgery.

So if you like, you can add me as an buddy.

Christine
  • amylouise243
    Options
    I'm in UK. Only just joined last week. Trying my hardest to stick to it, but doesn't always work. Need to lose 2 stone :) x
  • jeni0000_120
    Options
    Hi All, I'm from Bucks in England - add me if you'd like, I could do with all the support!
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the uk......this is my 3rd week on MFP.....feel free to add me :)
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im from the U.S., nice to meet you!! welcome
  • Pedalist
    Pedalist Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm a fella from the UK with 100+ pounds to shift.

I'd be delighted to help motivate and encourage you. Feel free to add me.
  • leapinglime
    Options
    I just added you :D

I'm in England and I would love to drop a dress size byt he end of march as I'm going on holiday on March 30th and I've already bought all my holiday clothes in a size 10! (I'm a 12 now)

Good luck :D
  • p1pp4
    p1pp4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello!

I am new to using the online site and would love some new friends too :) Not even sure how you add friends yet - I have only been using the iphone app so far.

Hope you are getting on well to reach your target!

Pippa
  • jjarrettc
    jjarrettc Posts: 14
    Options
    I am also new to MFP and looking for friends to "motivate" with. I am from the US though. ;-)

John
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, hope you do really well. I've sent you a friend request - I'm in Essex.