Personal rewards for meeting weight-loss milestones?

Does anyone have a list of their various weight-loss goals/milestones and rewards for reaching those goals? I wanna make a list but dunno how to reward myself. So far I have lost 15lbs, so going to have a cheeky night out w friends (dinner, not drinking), when I lose 60lbs I'll start drinking again, buy nice champagne and good vodka (no more cheap own brand hahaha), and when I lose 95lbs (ultimate goal) I'll get a professional photoshoot to show off my new body. What kinda things do you have as rewards? I have a lot of clothes to slim into/nice shoes/etc already so I feel like treating myself to an expensive outfit/pair of shoes isn't really a big deal. And as I lose weight I'll be buying new clothes anyway (so can't have a goal as 'new wardrobe').
Obviously I wanna start small and work my way up to bigger rewards. I'm going down in 15lb increments (essentially 1 stone). I still need rewards for losing 30lbs, 45lbs and 75lbs.
Should I defo go to 15lb increments, or 10lbs, or 20lbs, or what? What works for you?

Replies

• chirichardson
    chirichardson Posts: 69 Member
    I began my journey on Jan 1st and I weighed 261. Now, I'm down to 143. I am going to reward myself at 20 pounds. I'm down a size, and I'm going to get myself a pair snug jeans. I will reward myself at all 20 pound increments. I think all the rewards will be some form of clothing. I like the picture idea for when I make my goal weight.
  • Malrose01
    Malrose01 Posts: 25 Member
    If I have a good week, I'll get a new bottle of nail polish or something. I reward myself with clothes that fit when I shed a size, or I'll go on a little day trip somewhere cool. It's more mental, though. Seeing the number on the scale go down and logging (slightly) under my calorie goal, or kicking *kitten* at the gym.. if something like that happens, it really makes my day, and just go around congratulating myself and telling myself what a strong, sexy beast I am. :)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    I only reward myself with the big losses. My 2 biggies were to get below 200 pounds, and get into my goal weight range which will happen at 175.

After getting below 200, my treat was skydiving (as I was now under the weight limit). My goal range reward will be a tattoo. Clothes always work too, if you don't want to risk your life or hepatitis. Best of luck on your journey!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    I don't have any rewards right now, other than seeing the numbers on the scale go down. I'm in between jobs now, so I don't have any extra money to spend on rewards either. I'm looking for cool rewards that don't cost anything so I can celebrate the mini-goals as well. :)
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    I do! Feel free to look at my profile, I have it all listed there. <3
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    I am going to treat myself to an hour massage with each ten pounds I lose. Since I am puttin my body through alot...I want to reward it with relaxation :)
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    I am rewarding myself with a non food treat every 10lbs, my next treat is a facial
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    I'm seriously considering getting a large tattoo up my right obliques when I get down to my goal. I want something kind of like this to remember my girls and my journey. A forget-me-not flower for each girl, twisty design for the long journey to get my body back, and crazy sexy flat canvas to sport it on for the rest of my life! 4989607629_e81eff07e4.jpg
  • livpops
    livpops Posts: 12
    These are all great. My future career goal is to work in politics, so I'm gonna stay away from tattoos and bodmodding haha.
    Massages sound good but my good friend gives amazing ones anyway. In all honesty, I'm very fortunate in that pretty much everything I want, I have, so thinking of rewards is tough haha.
    I think I should consider stuff I haven't been able to do/wanted to do because I was too fat.
  • cvpis4me
    cvpis4me Posts: 50
    My husband and I are rewarding ourselves for the first time. We've only been on MFP for two weeks but we've both lost weight during those two weeks so we're treating ourselves to a nice dinner this coming weekend. We'll probably reward ourselves with a dinner out about once a month. Some people have "free" days where they don't worry about dieting, others reward themselves for milestones, and still others do both. It's really up to you. I'm not too interested in buying clothes because I'd rather fit into the ones I have now that are boxed away. It gives me a greater sense of accomplishment
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    When I decided to get in shape, 14 months ago, I bought myself a heavy hybrid bicycle, I loved cycling and reasoned that it would help with the weight and the fitness, the hybrid would be good enough for short runs, shopping trips and let me feel my way back into self powered transport.
    When I reach my main target milestone, 5 stone off, I will treat myself to a new lightweight road bicycle...I will be light enough not to damage the bike and the bike will be light enough to allow for much longer runs. This will help the weight & fitness improve again. I am nearly there :-D
    Other milestones I had rewarded myself with a treat meal that I used to have regularly such as bacon burger & fries, but as it turns out, I don't really like that kind of food anymore!
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    I couldn't decide on them, but when I hit 25 pounds, I went blonde! (in my profile pic). Not sure what the next 25 will be... :)
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    I've lost 75 so far with less than 10 to go. I've put together a charm bracelet with a charm for every 10 pounds. The charm for that 10 pounds represents something that I was looking forward to or something I was struggling with and over come it. My final charm will be the # that represents the total amount I've lost...
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    total weight I want to lose is 30 lbs. I hope to be at the halfway point by may/june, and then lose the rest through the summer (shouldn't be an issue, I eat less and move more with hardly any effort when it's warm out)

at the halfway point I plan to buy myself this:

V312363.jpg
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    I haven't really been into the milestone rewards, but have been thinking about a final destination one. I turn 29 in July, and am hoping to have completed the weight loss journey and be on the path to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. So, with that in mind, I am staying away from food. LOL But I am thinking my reward will be a handbag I have had my eye on for a LONG time- and it will commemorate the journey and my last year in my 20's (and not to mention a happy, healthier me in my 30's).
    But, I am also setting workout goals for myself: I have never been a runner, but am doing the C25K program. At it's completion, I will run a 5K. After that, I am contemplating the C2 1/2 marathon training and/or doing a triathlon again.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    I just earned my first small reward with which I bought a new pair of shoes for work. My next reward is still 9 lbs away but I am planning to get a spa treatment for that one. My half-way mark is for a new pair of pants (hoping a smaller size), then maybe another spa day. My final reward is set for $100-150 for new clothes!
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Heres some thing I have set as goals...

Healthy Dinner and Game night with friends
    Pedicure
    New Outfit (this gets repeated a few times)
    New Hair Do
    James Avery Charm
    Run for Hope 5K
    Six Flags trip
    Canoeing
    Schlitterbahn trip
    Massage
    Heels
    Shopping Spree (This will be the last one!)
    Skydiving
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    I love the charm bracelet idea
  • livpops
    livpops Posts: 12
    i love the charm bracelet idea the most!