I think I met someone *famous* on Thursday night.

Options

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Jodie Whittaker, Jason Isaacs (more times than I can remember), Mark Strong, Lee Evans, Viggo Mortensen, dozens of bands in the late 80's when I was a shameless groupie (but hey, you're only young once).:embarassed:
    Ha no way - Jodie Whittaker - I used to work with her and had THE biggest crush on her.

Cool, met her in the bar at the 'Good' premiere. So nice and down to earth.
    Yea she always was really cool and easy to get on with. I couldn't have imagined that being in films would have changed her, nice to know it hasn't!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Until recently I worked for a book retailer at their HQ so lots of celebs/authors visit to sign a few hundred books.

My favourite has to be Stephen Fry though. He signed his name across their Boardroom desk, and when I showed him a text from a friend who was enthusing about his virtues, he borrowed the phone and sent her a reply - made her year I think.

The only other one that sticks out is Carol Vorderman who turned up wearing mostly leather. My heart spasmed.

stephen_fry_1495959c.jpg

article-1341288-0C8FCA43000005DC-342_634x847.jpg
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Steve Nash, Tommy Lee, Ricky Williams, Brett Boone, Tragically Hip, Janice from Friends (don't know her real name lol)

I work in a hospital. I'm always chatting it up with random visitors and family at the nurses station, nothing out of the ordinary for me. One day this nice guy walks by the nurses station, and we had a generic conversation. I asked if he knew where he was going (easy to get lost in the hospital) and he says "yes my wife just had a baby, she's in the room around the corner." I tell him congrats, and he keeps walking towards his wife room. One of my coworkers looks dumbfounded at me, and says "you played that really cool, do you know who that was?" and I was like "yes that was the husband of one of our patients." She starts laughing at me and says, "you moron, that was Steve Nash from the Suns."
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Until recently I worked for a book retailer at their HQ so lots of celebs/authors visit to sign a few hundred books.

My favourite has to be Stephen Fry though. He signed his name across their Boardroom desk, and when I showed him a text from a friend who was enthusing about his virtues, he borrowed the phone and sent her a reply - made her year I think.

The only other one that sticks out is Carol Vorderman who turned up wearing mostly leather. My heart spasmed.

You lucky so and so, I would love to meet Fry ):
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    the only celeb I met was justin bieber..well, i didnt really meet him, I was with a few friends and they wanted a picture with him...i was like...EW
    freakin hate that kid xD
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I've met Dale Jr., we had mutual friends at the time and we both attend a party at our friends house. He was really nice and down to earth. This was during his first couple of years racing.. and a couple of months prior to when Dale Sr. died.

Another time, my husband and I had gone out to dinner and I jumped in the car when the valet brought it up. After a couple of minutes I looked to see why my husband wasn't in the car yet. He was talking to this other man about his car (as that man was getting out). It took me a second to figure out who it was.. then I realized it was Ric Flair. When my husband jumped in the car and was going on and on about the other guy's car, I asked him if he knew he was talking to. He looked at me funny and said "No, why.. is he somebody or something"? I then told him it was THE Ric Flair. He didn't believe me till we got home and pulled him up on google. Now he tells everyone how he's talked cars with the Nature Boy.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I met a ton of bands when I was a teenager, mostly from the 00's and late 90's metal/rock/punk scene (got drunk with The Vandals, met My Ruin, Disturbed, Il Nino, Placebo, Pitchshifter, etc etc)
    A few actors, Craig Charles and Danny John Jules from Red Dwarf, Patrick Stewart (that's probably my favourite) and Oguri Shun.
    I like meeting writers and comic book artists, too. But nobody really famous. Kieron Gillen (Current Uncanny X-Men writer)?

OMG I LOVE ILL NINO!!!!!!!!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    article-1341288-0C8FCA43000005DC-342_634x847.jpg

^ I wasn't paying attention and thought this was Pat Benatar! :laugh:

My best sighting ever: spotted Gael Garcia Bernal with a little red suitcase, presumably headed to the airport.
    2nd best sighting: Gregory Hines, shopping. May he rest in peace.
    3rd best sighting: Jad Abumrad, co-host of radioshow RadioLab, buying coffee.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Why do you guys all run into the coolest people? So young and sexy. My run ins; Grandpa Jones from Hee Haw and Don Knotts (Barney Fife) from The Andy Griffith Show.
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've met and worked with LOADS of celebrities of all levels of fame...literally everyone from Jean Stapleton to Britney Spears and everyone and everything in between.

Worst moment EVER, yeeeeeears ago (like over a decade) was when I called in sick to work in order to get up super early to see Megan Mullally on "The View" (I worked nights and knew I'd be tired). Anyway, when I got in the next day, they told me that Megan was actually at my job that night (when I had called out). WHOOPS! LOL I eventually met her several times, luckily, but I was soooo bummed.

Twice, I have opened a door too quickly and hit Tyne Daly with it. THE SAME DOOR. A year apart. It's a big metal door that you can't see through so I didn't know someone was on the other side.

Molly Shannon from SNL stands out as one of the nicest, most laid back people EVER. Bernadette Peters is a sweetheart. Ditto Sarah Jessica Parker...part of my job was to wait for her to finish with her fans before I could leave...I used to have to wait around an extra hour because she was so patient with her fans, but I didn't mind because she was so nice. The only people who weren't so nice were Nathan Lane, Doris Roberts and Bette Midler (though she actually apologized to me later, so she is forgiven).
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Why do you guys all run into the coolest people? So young and sexy. My run ins; Grandpa Jones from Hee Haw and Don Knotts (Barney Fife) from The Andy Griffith Show.

Don knotts is pretty cool!!!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I met George Strait at a rodeo. He was nice and down to earth- just as handsome in person. I also met Vince Gill. Not so nice, and I met Carol Buck. She was Jack Buck's wife. Jack Buck was a famous sportscaster from St. Louis. Our family owned a publishing company at the time, and I did a lot of the work to make one of his poetry books. We also did a book to commemorate his life after he passed away. My mom got to meet Jack, and he was a really wonderful person as well.

My mom also got to meet Mr. Tony Bennett. She was invited to a Christmas Party with the Buck's, and when she was there she met a man at the bar and started talking to him. She said that he was an older gentleman, and she just remembered thinking that it was pretty early in the morning for him to be drinking already. Anyway, she introduced herself, and he asked her what she did for a living. She told him and then asked him what he did for a living. He said that he did a little singing. My mom did not get it until later when someone at the party told her who he was. When she came home and told us I could not believe she didn't know. I love Tony Bennett! It sounds like he's a pretty nice person with a good dose of humility, judging by their conversation.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Adam Vinatieri was a regular customer at the sandwich shop I managed back when he was with the New England Patriots. I met several Patriots while I managed that shop, including Richard Seymour, Ty Law, and Tedy Bruschi. They seemed to like going there because it was only about 15 minutes away from the stadium, but it was outside Foxboro so they could "hide" a bit. We also never really called attention to who they were if other people were in the shop at the time, which they appreciated.

I always feel a bit bad for celebrities, yeah they make tons of money, but I'd much prefer privacy to money.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    When I was in college, and working at an ice cream shop I served Mr. T. :drinker:

He liked vanilla with cashews.

I've also met Aaron Rodgers at my church.

There have been others but that's all I can remember now.
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, I was at the mall in Overland Park, Kansas and I ran into Paul Pierce and some other KU players.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I once saw Stevie Wonder but, he didn't see me:glasses:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsRfc7UMZJEcIyeGxiIo2XqGZ9AiU8XI_DP_KFWX6ScoVZHj0k
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I met Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Art Malik, and Bill Paxton on set of the movie True Lies. I was an extra in 3 scenes. One of which I was in a hot dog vendor in Georgetown, Washington DC. We had real hot dogs there but it was also a prop for the set of the movie. The only reason I met them is they had me passing out hot dogs (during a cut/break of one of the scenes) to the actors and a few crew guys.

Back in 1991 my girlfriend at the time knew Mario Lopez and he happened to be in Wash DC (Georgetown) so I got to meet him.

Recently I met Jake Gyllenhaal in New York about a year ago when I visited family there. We had lunch next to him at Le Bernardin in Manhattan.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I met Jon Stewart at a gas station just north of Atlanta about 6 years ago. That was cool.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was at a bar in Phoenix in 2005, went up to the bar to get a drink, it was crowded and this guy stands up from his bar stool and motions me over there to get a spot at the bar and he says "here you go sweetheart, I'm about to have a jack and water, you want one?" It was Artie Lange! Hell yeah I took the drink.

In 2000 I shared a package of Twizzlers with Rusty Greer while we sat in the Health South suite during a day game at the Rangers Ballpark, he was injured and visiting the phsyical therapist there and I was visiting my mom who worked there.. :bigsmile:
  • mcdignan
    mcdignan Posts: 9
    Options
    I bumped into Andy Rod**** and Brooklyn Decker at a concert in the summer of 2010, T.J. Miller at a film festival last summer, and Vanilla Ice at an airport a while back.