Chia seeds... what's your favorite way to eat them?

Options
I'm thinking of incorporating them into the family diet but want to impress my husband with them right off the bat (he's a hard sell for new foods). What's your favorite way to eat Chia seeds? Will kids like them as well?

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I put them in smoothies; unfortunately I haven't tried other versions. I believe OhSheGlows.com might have some chia seed recipes.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    is that the same as those plants that you grow in funny pots to make it look like an animal with an afro?
  • godsem
    godsem Posts: 2
    Options
    Make the chocolate pudding recipe that is on the bag it is really good
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just bought some last week. So far I have just been putting them in my oatmeal or yogurt. I haven't attempted to put them in anything the family is eating but would love some ideas. The only problem is that they are black, so it might be hard to disguise them from my picky eaters.
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also use then in smoothies. They have a nutty flavor, so I am sure there are a lot of things you can put them it. good luck!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    hollyberry--I am not sure if there is more than one variety of chia seeds, but essentially yes, they are the same (although from what I have read you should buy some that are made to be eaten rather than buy a chia pet and eat the seeds :) ). They have a lot of health benefits such as calcium, fiber, omega 3's and other antioxidants.