How often do you weight??

Options
So im wondering how often should i way...I was going once a week...then people said once a week was too much and i should go at least 2 weeks...so how often do u weight and whats best???

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but idk that thats best, it just keeps me on track everyday, and reminds me how to eat or how not to eat!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you.:smile:
    I've been strength, so the scale wasn't necessarily my friend. I could see the fat going bye bye, and I can fit back into my smaller clothes, but the scale wasn't budging. I want to be fit & lose the jiggle so I just put my scale away and go by my clothes size. :bigsmile:
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I weight every morning. It keeps me in check and gives me a gentle reminder when I've over indulged the day before. Works best for me.
  • Whitetail24
    Whitetail24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning for me.
  • happyandfitgirl
    Options
    Once a month for me. It was making me sad to weigh myself every day because I usually didn't see any changes.
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you! I know a lot of people say you shouldn't focus on the number but for some that helps to motivate them. But whenever you weigh yourself you want to make sure it's at the same time/same amount of clothing. Usually for me I try to do it in the morning right when I wake up or right after I exercise. I try to do it on the same day each week (just once a week) but sometimes I will hop on throughout the week just to get an estimate of how I'm doing. Eventually I would like to get out of weighing myself every week, but for now it's what I need to do!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Every other Monday morning at the same Boots the Chemist.
  • shelbysmom08
    Options
    I too have to weigh myself everyday! It keps me motivated. I have tried not doing it for a week i just slack on my die, and exersice but this time I am seein reesults and I am so happy. I get mad at myself if I gain and beet myself up but the motivation here helps and I call my momat least every other day she is on a differnt diet for her health so I check on her also. It helps to hear a voice and read the encouraging words.
  • minuet42
    minuet42 Posts: 33
    Options
    We have a support group/competition at church (where I also happen to work), so we have our official weigh-in every Sunday. But I like to check in mid-week as well - usually Wednesday - because I have a tendency to cheat on the weekends. I also like to check the day after I feel like I've done well!
  • elarvor
    elarvor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think once a week is good because day on day you can fluctuate and so by weighing yourself once a week/fortnight you get a true representation of your weight loss. I say all this and weigh myself every Monday morning but I sometimes find myself tempted and weigh myself mid week - something I'm trying not to do :smile:

Good luck x
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I only log the new lows, however. I can tell when I've had too much sodium or not enough water or I've worked out really hard (muscles slightly swollen-water retention). Overall, the big picture trend is down, down, DOWN.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty much everything every day. It can be so tricky to estimate how much food is going on my plate just by looking at it. A $15 scale will work wonders for making sure you're logging the right amount of calories every day.
  • mcumba
    mcumba Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Once w week works for me, same day and time!
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday, since that's when the group I'm in puts their weight up to show progress. My scale has body fat percentage and water weight percentage as well though, so I also go by my body fat to not be discouraged ;)
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am done with the scale it only discourages me. The scale has not moved in 4 weeks. 3 weeks ago I took my measurements for the first time and I weighed myself saturday still nothing. Today I just laid in bed not feeling motivated to get up and exercise with jillian michaels. I got up and took my measurements and to my suprise I have lost 6 inches in 3 weeks. I found the results I was looking for to keep me going and to not just give up like I wanted to. I am never getting on the scale again.