After starting, when will i start seeing the weight drop?

Options
Week one and Im at the same weight i was last week. Does it take time for the weight to come off, if so how long?

Replies

• HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    it depends on the person....
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking water? That's gonna be a big thing when it comes to losing that initial weight. If you are then just be patient..remember it's a lifestyle change and yo didn't put on the weight over night so it's gonna take some time coming off! :)
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you want you should make your diary public so then we could help give you advice on what you're eating...
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yeah, weight loss is a very individual thing. Some people see massive drops in the first week and then don't see anything for weeks. Some people don't see anything at first and then start a slow but steady weight loss. Others are slow and steady all the way along.

It isn't something that can be predicted, unfortunately. You just need to keep going and see what happens. If there is no change or weight gain in about a month's time, then I'd suggest changing your habits some more (making sure you're not over-eating, putting in more exercise etc.)
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Week one and Im at the same weight i was last week. Does it take time for the weight to come off, if so how long?

took me about 2weeks before it started dropping. it seems to me like your body has to get into weight loss mode.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    It takes 42 days, 42 hours, 42 minutes, 42.42424242 seconds exactly.

This holds true for every single person on the planet.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 weeks before i saw any loss. And i had to INCREASE my calories to start as well... it's very individual, so just keep at it!!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Mine went 3 lbs up the first week, before it started dropping.
  • Sullivanwilson
    Sullivanwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nothing happened for a week, I neither gained nor lost. Two weeks after I started I dropped a pound, and for the last 9 weeks I've lost one pound every week.

I had a total of 10 lbs I wanted to lose, with the possibility of another 5 after that.

Hang in there!
  • frac3377
    frac3377 Posts: 7
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can see also what you are eating. Are you logging in EVERYTHING. If I have one chip I will log it, a bite of anything will be logged. It is quite amazing how those bites add up and can mess you up. Do not guess portions, weight them. Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins. If you are doing everything right the weight will come off. Good luck and congrats on taking the healthy path.
  • kevgro
    kevgro Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I made my log public, so have fun with that! i think my body is transitioning into weight loss mode, so giving things another few weeks.