Me!!RUN!!

Options
I ran today on the treadmill......4 times......about a min and a half a piece but 4 times!!YAY

My feet don't hurt and my shins don't hurt. Im good, nothing hurts.LOL:happy:

Sorry I was just excited!!

Replies

• Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    Great, Great , Great!!!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! I remember when I first started doing that instead of passing out after 30 seconds. :laugh: You're doing a GREAT job and before you know it you'll be running 5 minutes, then 10, then 15.... let us all know when you sign up for your first 5k! :bigsmile: Personally, I'm up to 30 minutes now and 2.5 miles. I REALLY wanna get to where I can do a 5k without stopping. Set your goals high because you can reach every one of them! Continue to push yourself and be amazed!!!
  • workitoff09
    Options
    Great!! I challenge myself to find a really great song that I like and jog/run on the treadmill at 4.0 the until the song is over. Yesterday I ran to Beat It by MJ. Keep it going!!!
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Great!! I challenge myself to find a really great song that I like and jog/run on the treadmill at 4.0 the until the song is over. Yesterday I ran to Beat It by MJ. Keep it going!!!

Thats a good idea!

And thanks you guys.:flowerforyou:
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! If you have an MP3 player you can download podcasts with music specifically for running in intervals. It is part of the couch to 5K program and you can download them for free. The beat of the music changes when you are supposed to run/walk. I am starting that today so wish me luck...been probably 15 years since I ran.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey girl....GREAT JOB!!!!:happy:
    I have been running for over 5 years now..but still remember those first days..and each milestone is a WONDERFUL accomplishment and you should be proud!
    If you ever want advice or to just have someone to share your accomplishments..give me a shout out! My advice for now..cover the time up if on treadmill or you will stare at it and be like oh my god I've been running for XXX...and TV/IPODS are a great way to keep entertained..or the scenery outside:)
    Keep it up,
    Casey
  • schmoopie1213
    Options
    Thats so aesome keep up the good work and soon you
    will be able to run your neighborhood!!!!!:laugh:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I have started running again after about 10 years not doing it. I was ten years younger then, and thirty pounds lighter. I run outside. I run until I feel like I am going to throw up, and walk until I can breathe again, and then run. lol :laugh: I hate every minute of it, but I do feel better during the day. Plus, my dog loves to go, and I can't disappoint her!

Keep up the good work! I remember from before, at first it feels like hell, but once you start building time, it picks up its own momentum, and before you know it you will be running an entire mile like it was nothing!