Haven't lost any weight in 6 weeks- looking for honest feedb

Options
Hello,

Since I have been on here I have flucuated between the same 1 or 2 pounds every week and am very discouraged! I would appreciate anyone thoughts on my food and exercise diary's. I am trying to lose the weight at a steady rate through exercise and a nutritious diet- I'm not expecting to get on the scale and see it go down 5 lbs, but SOMETHING would be awesome! At this point in time I am wondering what the point is though!

Thanks so much for the input!!! and I look forward to seeing your suggestions!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are not eating enough on days you exercise? Alternatively, you're too set into an exercise routine and need to change things up a bit, like by taking a new class or new video? Are you drinking enough water, especially on days you exercise? Could you have a food allergy, because that could cause you to struggle too? Are you weight training, or only doing cardio? Are you being 100% honest with yourself in your diary?
    These are all things to think about!
  • rsleake
    rsleake Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply!
    I have been super diligent with being honest in my food diary, especially in the last three weeks because I was wondering the same thing! As to my exercise I have been mixing it up a lot with cardio and weights. I could probably always drink more water though. I haven't been tested for food allergies, but that might be a good idea. Any other thoughts? I feel so stumped as to what the problem is!
  • redmichelle67
    redmichelle67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I dont know ,,,But since I been drinking lot water I seem to be losing more weight ....maybe cut you cal back a tad ..I know its afrustrated when you work out and no results ....I seem to give up to easy thats why I am back to see if I can get suport and do this ..Good Luck.....
    8136776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I looked over your diary and IMO you are eating really well. I am assuming you weigh your foods and use a quality HRM for calculating calories, so we can eliminate the possibility of "user error" ;) in determining calories.

If that's not the problem, then 2 things come to mind:

1) Work out a bit more- try intervals for cardio and some solid strength training
    2) Get your thyroid checked. A lot of women around your age find that they need to take some sort of thyroid replacement.

Good luck and keep us posted!
  • rsleake
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback and understanding how frustrating it is!!

I am being very diligent about weighing and measuring my food, but I have not gotten a HRM, that might be a good idea!
    In regard to my thyroid- my doctor checked it out for me and says that it is in the normal range, darn it! I was hoping for a quick explanation for this! As for working out I think that you might be right about increasing the time and more strength training.

I took measurements this week, so maybe those will show me a change since the scale is so frustrating!

Any other thoughts?
  • rsleake
    Options
    I am also considering increasing my calories to 1600...wondering if 1200 is too little for me.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your BMI is but judging from your photo, if it's in the high end of normal, or only a bit above normal, those pounds come off like blood out of a stone. I've been exercising for weeeeeeeks now, and very very careful with food, and I've not lost a gram.
  • rsleake
    Options
    I love this, "those pounds come off like blood out of a stone." That is exactly how I feel! I am glad I am not the only one!!!!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I hate getting suck on those 1-2 lb up/down. Drives me crazy.

You're currently at 1200? Is that the MFP suggested calories, or from another source? It really isn't a lot of calories, so you may want to consider adding 100 a day. I had the same problem a few weeks back; my trainer moved me from 1500 to 1400 per day and my weight didn't budge for 2 weeks. As soon as I moved back to 1500, I dropped weight again.
  • dunkrobertson
    dunkrobertson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Definitely take your measurements! I gained 7 lbs in the last month and my measurements and clothes are the same. Especially if you are strength training. The muscle is going to take up less space but the scale may not change. I am also using my clothes as a barometer. The scale is a tricky mind mess. Maybe don't weigh and measure for a while instead.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem then I stumbled upon the "Olivia Method" I suggest doing a thread search and reading up on it. It instantly got the scale moving for me again! :smile:
  • rsleake
    Options
    1200 is what MFP recommended for me.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    two things, try the Olivia method and also try to incorporate a snack or two in between meals. From what I have been told you should really eat every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism up.
  • rsleake
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting the olivia method! I am so excited to give it a try!:smile:
  • Methras
    Methras Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also remember that if you exercise a lot, muscle weighs more than fat, so make sure to not only trust the scale, but use other kind of measurements as well.

Best of luck to you! :)