going out for pub lunch

Options
Ok I have been doing ok for my first week but I have now gone in to panic mode, I have been invited out for a birthday lunch at the local pub and i am worried about what i should be eating ???
advice needed as i dont want to slip as im doing really well

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Pomster, you have been doing AWESOMELY :) so don't underestimate your efforts! I personally feel that one day out of many is nothing, and that you should go and have a good time and just eat in moderation. I'm no health professional though, so maybe other people can be more helpful :)

But keep up your good work!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    no need to panic! everything in moderation. sometimes i will get a to-go box right away, and put half in.

it's funny now that I only eat 1/2 when I go out, that I am actually full :smile: and don't need to eat the whole dang thing like I use to!!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • pomjt
    pomjt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    not sure how to work out the calories what ever i do have
  • catusha
    catusha Posts: 11
    Options
    either have something from the grill (if they have it), a salad or if i were you i would get some kind of chicken with mashed potato, eat half and not bother about logging it in - sometimes working out the calories is too much ))
    and anyways, i find when i go out its not the food that i have to worry about but drinks - look up calories in alcohol drinks you usually would have and then go for a white wine with soda and stretch it for the whole evening ... just saying ))