Staying On Track During The Weekend

Options
Hi all. Just looking for some pointers for staying on track during the weekends. I am finding them very challenging as I am not in my usual work routine. I have a hard time tracking and find myself wanting to snack more, etc. I know it is just another day so I need to keep on top of it, but it is so hard! I don't want to keep undoing all my hard work during the week. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just got on here looking for help with the EXACT SAME THING! It seems like weekends are the reason I really can't lose weight.
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just looking for some pointers for staying on track during the weekends. I am finding them very challenging as I am not in my usual work routine. I have a hard time tracking and find myself wanting to snack more, etc. I know it is just another day so I need to keep on top of it, but it is so hard! I don't want to keep undoing all my hard work during the week. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

I was hoping someone had answered with some suggestions....Will have to check back later. :(
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    same here...
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Just as you said it is like any other day. So don't treat it any diffrently. I pack my meals and plan my meals for the rest of the week so it shouldn't last only to Friday, extend it to the weekend and just keep eating the same thing. Allow yourself a treat day or meal at least once a week and make sure you get back on track.
  • vrutwind
    vrutwind Posts: 25
    Options
    I use the weekends to work out with my friends. We usually do group fitness classes together and/or go for runs. Two of my close friends live within walking distance from me so it's easy to meet up and it's really helped us spend more time together. We also will often go out to eat together afterwards since we will be craving healthier food post-workout.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My three tips:

1. Prep your food for the weekend ahead of time if you can. Once I have everything planned out it is much easier to stay on track.

2. Stay busy! A few hours of down time is always nice, but I find that if I have my weekends filled up with activities, errands etc then I have less time to feel "bored" and find bad snacks to eat :)

3. Get up and work out! An early morning workout on both Saturday and Sunday helps set the tone of the day for me. Plus, it keeps me from going out and partying too much on Friday and Saturday night.
  • exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the morning workout approach.

Taking advantage of weekend free time means getting my workout done in the morning. You log your exercise calories first thing, which gives you a little more to play with during the remainder of the day. For me at least, I am reluctant to eat a bunch of junk which I know will undo all my hard work from the morning.