Water intake!!

Options
Hey guys just wondering if anybody has any tips on how to fit in 8 glasses of water a day? most ive managed is 5 and even that was a struggle! i dont usually drink much through out the day but im trying my best and lets be honest water isnt a drink you look forward to drinking!
so any tips would be great!!

Replies

• mjj6774
    mjj6774 Posts: 3
    Options
    I absolutely hate drinking water BUT I have found that going and getting my 44 oz fountain cup full of fountain ice then filling it up with water helps. I try to drink at least one if not two a day. by the time the ice melts you have drank alot of water and its cold! Nothing worse than warm water...ick! Good luck!
  • exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, MFP recommends 8 CUPS of water a day. A 12 0z glass has 1.5 cups.

I usually drink two glasses of water in the morning. Three cups.

A 16 oz bottle of water has two cups of H2O. Two those during the day and before I get home I have already had 7 cups.

I don't even count what I drink from the fountain at the gym.

Three more cups with dinner and at least 1.5 before bed.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Buy one of those huge poland spring, aquafina, etc bottles of water and just sip throughout the day.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    I have two cups first thing in morning, and each time im in kitchen tend to fill up until ive had the 8, hate water tho
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Honestly...this is the one "healthy" or "Diet" thing I CAN do consistently! LOL I drink a TON of water every day. I use a 20 oz cup at work and drink probably 5 at work and another 2-3 at home. Basically the way I did it was I forced myself to drink nothing but water for about a week. After that I started craving it. Every time I had to go to the bathroom (because trust me...I got A LOT), I take a huge gulp. Pretty soon I just kept drinking it. The only down side is that on the days I don't drink enough, I get headaches and I retain like crazy!!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    personally ... nothing quenches my thirst better than ice cold water ... but i do understand that if you dont like it, it may be hard to get in 8 glasses. i drink a lot of herbal and green tea to make sure that i get in all of my liquids ... not the pre-made ice teas that you buy in the store because those usually have a lot of sugar. i drink hot teas and ice teas that i make at home because i can control what goes in it. as long as its not soda or sugary fruit drinks ... i dont think it matters how you get your 8 glasses of liquid. :smile:
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine drinks one glass every time she brushes her teeth, one at every meal and one before bed. She said she also keeps a water bottle in her car.
  • missbabygirlx
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! i know the recommened "8 glasses" but how big a glass?! as ive been using a pint glass
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yup filling a big bottle with water and just placing it in the middle of the room you are in is the best way!