Anyone NOT finish C25k?

Options
I started it a few months ago....completed week 1 and then started week one over again because I didn't feel I was ready to move on to week 2. I think I did 2, maybe all 3 days of week 1 a second time and then I quit.

I didn't like it....I liked the concept of it, but it just didn't make me like running. I feel guilty because I quit so early on, but most days I actually look forard to my walks, bike rides or playing tennis, but the running I just did not.

Am I a loser, or is it not for me? Should I give it another go, or is it dumb to force myself to do something that I so far dislike?

Replies

• jcpalmer1day
    Options
    I'd say don't force yourself to do something you don't really like. I had a goal in mind when doing the C25K... I was training for a half-marathon. I had started and not finished the C25K program many times before I decided to run the half-marathon.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    running sucks at first, i say stick w/ it i have learned to love it! Nothing makes me feel stronger than when i am pushing myself of the treadmill! It takes a few weeks to get there though
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I started it a few months ago....completed week 1 and then started week one over again because I didn't feel I was ready to move on to week 2. I think I did 2, maybe all 3 days of week 1 a second time and then I quit.

I didn't like it....I liked the concept of it, but it just didn't make me like running. I feel guilty because I quit so early on, but most days I actually look forard to my walks, bike rides or playing tennis, but the running I just did not.

Am I a loser, or is it not for me? Should I give it another go, or is it dumb to force myself to do something that I so far dislike?

it depends on what you dislike about it. if you like running, you could find a way to like it. i just did the first one although i have been jogging for weeks and can push myself to do 20 minutes straight! and couch25k felt a little dull because it was easy.

what don't you like about it? maybe don't focus so much on the goal of increments and just do them. do you do it with the podcast? music always helps and it tells you when to run and when to stop which is cool and helpful.

do you do it on a treadmill...or outside? maybe do it with a friend.

but if you don't like the way you are doing it, don't do it that way
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I started then she got sick and I got severe leg cramps (apparently from not drinking enough water) so we had to quit for a little bit. We've started from the beginning again but we're not actually running, we're jogging. I think there is a slight difference. You didn't say if you were running with someone else or by yourself. To me that makes a big difference. My daughter keeps me motivated. I know I wouldn't do it if I was doing it by myself.

The important thing is to get plenty of exercise though. I don't think you should feel guilty because you don't want to do a c25k. You seem to be getting plenty of exercise other ways. Just keep doing what you like to do. Nothing wrong with that. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think if you don't like to run, then don't run. You will avoid working out if you dislike the exercise you are doing. That's no fun.

In the same vein, you should give it a good try before deciding you don't like it, and I think you did give it a good try.

This said, maybe running isn't your exercise of choice right now. Doesn't mean you will never like running. :flowerforyou: