Inexpensive treadmill?

Options
Hey people!
I have been wanting a treadmill for awhile and I am wondering what a good one is for a good price. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. Just one I can walk/run on and maybe has an incline built in. Just want some ideas on what you all have and what you like.
Thanks!
MM

Replies

• jensocalgirl
    Options
    Check out Ebay... I bet you could find a good one for cheap.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think treadmills are insanely priced! Surf the classifieds for a used one or look on ebay or craigslist for someone selling one at a really cheap price. We have a store in my town called Play it Again Sports that sells used fitness equipment too that is pretty reasonably priced. The equipment is usually in really good shape. Unfortunately most people who buy treadmills don't really use them or get tired of them quickly.
  • swishpete
    swishpete Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey people!
    I have been wanting a treadmill for awhile and I am wondering what a good one is for a good price. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. Just one I can walk/run on and maybe has an incline built in. Just want some ideas on what you all have and what you like.
    Thanks!
    MM

I bought mine used from a friend for $50... i think it's a ProForm and it's works great. I would take a look at Craigslist... not sure if I would buy new.
  • Erin_Weiler
    Options
    Well, I got a treadmill for $20 from a garage sale and it works great. It's not automated so your momentum keeps it going, but that's really all I need. I would suggest looking in the pennysaver or classified ads because that's where you'll find the best deals. You might even get a nice one with all the bells and whistles for like $50! Be sure and test is out though because I found out that the circuit board that projects your speed and calories burned and yadda yadda had a short in it so every now and again it resets everything when I'm not paying attention. I'm sure you'll find something in your price range that'll do what you're looking for. Good luck on the treadmill hunt!
    -Erin
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My dad and his wife just bought an elyptical at Sears. They are much better priced for what you can get.
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I got a $350 treadmill from Walmart three years ago and it still works great. I use it at least 3 days a week so I feel that I have definitely got my money's worth!
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Just remember - you get what you paid for. I bought an eliptical machine a few years back. Got myself into great shape. Pushed the machine to its max and boom - it died. This happened again. The repair costs were 1/2 the machine. If your thinking long term use then get a better machine.
  • Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just bought a treadmill at Walmart but my previous one came from a pawn shop for about $50. If you have some around your town, you can usually call and they will let you know if they have one and hold it for you.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I got a $1300 treadmil at Play it Again Sports for $700. When new models come out, they sell the "old" ones that didn't sell really cheap to places like that. It has all the bells and whistles and has worked great for 3 years. You may not want to spend that much, but you can get some awesome deals at stores like that.