Time to lose the "baby" weight!

Options
Hello! My name is Erin and I'm a 34 year old mother of 2. My son is 5.5 and my daughter just turned 3 on Friday. I like to tell myself that this extra weight is "baby" weight, but after 3 years, I think it's time to do away with that illusion! Over the past year I lost about 20 lbs, but then gained about 7 back when my husband and I went on vacation to Mexico with some friends 3 weeks ago. I definately didn't hold back on the food and drink at the all-inclusive! So...it's time I get serious again. My main goal, besides looking and feeling better, is to be an example to my kids with eating right and exercising. My son leans towards the bigger side, and I don't want him to have to struggle like I have my entire life.

I live in NE Wisconsin and luckily we've had an incredibly mild winter, so I can get out and walk a bit! I also sit for approximately 8 hours a day, as I work as a Technical Writer. So, my lifestyle is somewhat sedate!

I'll definately need a lot of support and encouragement, because I seem to find the smallest reasons to cheat and/or be lazy! :ohwell:

I look foward to joining you all on this journey and hope for success (35 lbs by Dec. 31, 2012)!

Replies

• Ish1313
    Ish1313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in definite need of supprt also, so perhaps we can help eachother!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i also sit at a desk for 8 hours a day, and yes it can be hard to lose the weight becuase of that, but u just need to put in that extra effort during your workouts. Cheating will happen, its all part of your new lifestyle, and being able to balance how much u cheat while maintaing a healthy diet is key. I love to help and motivate u, as long as your willing to return some :)
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have a six year old son and a 3 year old son and I need to lose the "baby fat" too! Lol......I have about 20-25lbs I'd like to get rid of! Feel free to add me! Oh and welcome!!!
  • mommy2ellaleecozbi
    mommy2ellaleecozbi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I just had my 2nd little one 6 weeks ago and I still have all the weight I put on with my first! I want to get in shape before I go for baby #3! No more obese pregnancies! I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl and a 6 week baby boy. I have about 80 lbs to loose! Just started today!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the responses! :) Maybe we'll have to start a "baby" weight check in thread each day/week?? Let me know if that sounds good. I'll be more than willing to start it. It'll help keep me more on track!

BTW...how do you all get those weight loss tickers on your replys? I really like them!
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the responses! :) Maybe we'll have to start a "baby" weight check in thread each day/week?? Let me know if that sounds good. I'll be more than willing to start it. It'll help keep me more on track!

BTW...how do you all get those weight loss tickers on your replys? I really like them!

At the top, there's a green tab labeled "TOOLS," and the ticker is in there ;) And then go to this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/settings
    I'm also trying to lose my baby weight! :) My baby is 4 weeks old yay!
  • britryan
    britryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my first about a year and a half ago. I also trying to lose the baby weight.... Easier said than done! Im really shifting my butt in gear. Hopefully I can lose it all plus some! Good luck to all! :))
  • aniiohev
    aniiohev Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in the losing baby weight efforts. I have a 5 year old son and a 10 week old daughter. I'm trying to lose 20-25 pounds while breastfeeding...it will be a slow, long road...and I would love to share support with others.
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Arghhh ok I still have my baby fat too, but my son is 24 years old! I don't think I can use that excuse. But I do know how hard it is to loose that weight...since Im still holding on to mine. I was 132 lbs when I first found out I was pregnant, when I went into deliver I was 230 lbs, almost a 100lbs in 9 months. YIKES! Sad thing is, Ive gained even more then that...bleh So here I am more then double my weight and 1 week in down 3 lbs. Yes I am happy about that. Just wish I had never let myself go so bad.
    I work in an office and sit all day, I try to make a point of getting up as much as possible to move around.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    my son is 6 months and I'm tying also. It's hard and now I have a head cold :(
  • HeidiDarlene
    Options
    I have an 8 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. I too am trying to loose the "baby" weight!! I have 40 pounds to loose
  • SheriG9
    SheriG9 Posts: 62
    Options
    My oldest is nearly nineteen, and my youngest will be one year old on Friday. I have nine children all together, and am 100 pounds heavier than when I got married 20 years ago. That is 11 pounds for every child...baby weight. Uggg.

Feel free to add me.
    Sheri
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    My "baby" will be 3 this year. I don't eat poorly but I sit at a computer all day and by the time I get home.....blah blah blah. Really, it is just an excuse I realize. Feel free to add me and we can help out each other:)
  • asgroff
    asgroff Posts: 2
    Options
    I would love to lose the baby weight myself. My son is 9 months old and i gained 75 pounds with him i have lost 66, but that last 10 has been the hardest! I also work an 8 hour job at a desk, so the encourgament would be great! Thanks!
  • PinkberryCream
    Options
    I'm 23 & my "baby weight" is going to be 3 in Aug...I've put it off way too long! It doesn't help I'm always on my computer either!
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your situation sounds a like my own and I also live in Wisconsin. I'm sending a request.
  • kwortham
    kwortham Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old son and 1 year old twins and I am in the process of finally losing the "baby weight". Feel free to add me. The more support we have, the better.
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    Just send you a message- I am at my desk all day-
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a 5 and 3 years old. I'm have lost 20 pounds but still have 15 or so to go. I live in Minnesota and understand the cold weather. My goal is too be healthy, fit and to teach my girls how to eat and exercise properly. I also love trying new foods/recipes. This past week my oldest discovered that she likes asparagus and my whole family is loving baked oatmeal cups.
  • teyrey75
    teyrey75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of a two year and 6 month old! Time for me to lose the baby weight from both! I just started MFP this month and need to start making friends/weight loss partners here!