no one noticed :(

Options

Replies

• Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your 11lbs and your new lifestyle! This is and will always be about you and your health! So keep up the great work and toot your horn once in a while. It doesn't hurt :tongue: As long as YOU notice, all is well in the world!

I've lost 22lbs and only 2 people at work have noticed. They're so use to seeing me that it'll take a lot more than what I've lost to get a "wow" out of them and most of the time they're so tied up with what they're doing, that I wouldn't expect it anyway :laugh: But it's okay. I know what I've accomplished and so should you! :heart:
  • Pir8Rav
    Pir8Rav Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    nuff siad - its your journey.... enjoy your successes.... if yure looking for external validation - you'll never be happy.
  • It may be that they noticed, but felt uncomfortable mentioning it. Lots of people avoid "noticing" that someone is looking thinner or healthier because they don't want to face their own need to do the same things. OR - they may not be saying anything to you but talking among themselves about how fabulous you're looking. :o)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It takes about 3 months for those around us to notice..keep going..cause you are doing for your health..not theirs...
  • I think this, too. Some will not say anything---in order, NOT to embarrass you and your need to lose weight. It is ok...keep going on. YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE WORKING HARD AND DOING THE RIGHT THINGS!!!
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've lost 13 lbs, my pants are literally falling off of me and I only had one person ask about me if I was loosing weight. I think I look so much better and I feel good about myself so I just let it go. I think people notice, but don't want to say anything for their own reasons.
    Congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    They will notice when you hit 20!
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It may be that they noticed, but felt uncomfortable mentioning it. Lots of people avoid "noticing" that someone is looking thinner or healthier because they don't want to face their own need to do the same things. OR - they may not be saying anything to you but talking among themselves about how fabulous you're looking. :o)

^^this
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bodychange-1.jpg
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've lost almosts 16lbs and no one's really noticed, no biggie, I notice, that's all that matters, I think a person really needs to lose ALOT of weight for it to be noticeable.........
  • Kimber1012001
    Kimber1012001 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There is a saying, it take 4 weeks for you to notice the change, 8 weeks for your closest friends and 12 for everyone else. i've lost 19.5 pounds in 5 weeks and nobody besides my husband has noticed. i'm okay with that, cause this was never about anyone else anyway, this is about me.

Sidenote to original thread poster ';):
    I had heard this once before and was so happy to get a refresher!

• tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    [I know a lot of people (myself included) also feel weird about mentioning weight loss because when you acknowledge that someone lost weight and looks great, it also feels a little like you're saying "Hey, I noticed you used to be fat! But not anymore!" Feels a little weird to me sometimes.

I wonder if that's the case for any of them?

I must admit that I myself don't like to mention weight loss unless I know for sure someone's trying to lose weight. Maybe they just don't know how to say it...
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    maybe they were jealous by how great your looking
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your loss! That's great!

Don't be so quick to assume they didn't notice. Maybe it was your clothing, or maybe for some reason they decided not to say anything. I met up w/a friend this weekend who I've not seen in almost 6 months for her daughter's birthday. I've lost 55 lbs in 4.5 months. She did not say a WORD. Know that you're doing an awesome job regardless of whether they decide to acknowledge it or not!
  • mandi1121
    Options
    I have seen several people comment that maybe your friends did notice but were not sure how to say something. I tend to agree. I bet they did notice, but if you haven't been overly vocal about your diet/exercise change, maybe they felt awkward?
    I am sure it is noticeable! Keep up the good work!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ya know, Im not the "hey, youve lose weight!!" Kind of person. The last time I said that the lady turned around and said "Yeah, my dad died a month ago, I guess stress will do that to you..." I was like "Whoa.. not doing that again". So I just don't say it.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    There is a saying, it take 4 weeks for you to notice the change, 8 weeks for your closest friends and 12 for everyone else. i've lost 19.5 pounds in 5 weeks and nobody besides my husband has noticed. i'm okay with that, cause this was never about anyone else anyway, this is about me.

I have heard about that too! if that is true then I Just passed the 8 week mark and pushing on 10. Its not that I care about their opinion but it would just be nice if someone noticed. I havent seen these girls for over 2 months and they are my best friends. Just wanted some kind of support from them.

It's been over 8 weeks and no one but my bf has noticed either. It doesn't bother me.
  • kerrylaws29
    Options
    aww thats pants but don't be too disheartened. Iv met up with a friend the other day and she didn't notice I had lost 11 lbs and i wore my 'feel good clothes' but I do wonder with girls if there is a bit of jealousy at times?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It was probably ove 20 lbs before anyone noticed enough to say something. In their defense, I was still wearing fat clothes until I lost that much and started buying new ones. Mostly it was the folks at work saying things like, hey have you been working out? Be patient.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Don't read too much into it. A lot of people are just afraid of saying anything because of their own insecurities. The important thing is that YOU know that YOU are improving your health which should be #1. Everything else like comps is icing on the cake and it will come. Next time you meet up with them buy / wear something a lil out of the ordinary to show em off.