New to MFP. 450lb Army Bound. Need some support and friends.

Options
Hi,
I'm Patrick. I'm 31 and morbidely obese. I'm 450lbs and need to get down to 229.00. This might be impossible. I need as much help as possible. I always wanted to join the army. A lot of my friends went in and I couldn't cause I was always overweight. I have the oppurtunity to go in and be with my friends. I have no kids and no really bills. My life-long dream is to become a soldier before I'm to old and they won't take me anymore. I would love to find some friend to give me some encourangement. Thanks!

Replies

• ReneeFromCanada
    ReneeFromCanada Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! Loosing a little or a lot, we can all benefit from encouraging one another. You CAN do it!!!!!!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :)
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hi, feel free to add me too!! x
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    And me!
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
    You are able to lose that weight, you'll see
  • cadilovr
    cadilovr Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for all the love guys!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!! Start working out now and eat good(not perfect, but good) you will do this!!! Feel free to add me :tongue:
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too,I have family and friends in the service so I really admire you for wanting to join :)
  • mormorjean
    Options
    You can do this. Add me!
  • ryanpayne4
    ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    your welcome to add me also man. You can do it! Just have to decide to do...and do it every day. Consistency is the only way!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    its very possible, you WILL get there, feel free to add me :)
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) Add me if you'd like
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    Good luck my friend, anything I can do let me know. For sure add me for support!!! Take a look around the boards there are plenty of success stories for inspiration too, there are some HUGE losses!!!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! Feel free to add me!
  • hvergelmir
    Options
    If you want something and you persevere - you can do it, whatever the obstacles!!! Feel free to add me for support. Let's get you into that uniform!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Not impossible! People have lost that and more - you have to commit and be willing to work hard. You've got a very admirable goal and much to look forward to. Welcome!!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too if you'd lile.. I've been known to be of motivation and help. I do check diaries and comment freely so just know what to expect ok... :drinker:
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I tried to do the same thing, but I did it wrong and screwed up my cardio... I'm doing it right this time and I'd love to help you on your journey! YOU CAN DO THIS! And I want to be here cheering you on when you post that you've got orders!!
  • Laura1667
    Laura1667 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in the army now and have seen others who have lost large amounts of weight to become a soldier. If they can do it, so can you! As a soldier who continually struggles with my weight, consistence is the key. I am struggling to lose weight also so we can help each other along.

Welcome!
  • ahoov72
    ahoov72 Posts: 20
    Options
    I would luv to b ur friend on mfp,I am also in the 400's and need all the support I can get. :-)