What do you put in your omelet/ scrambled eggs?

Options
13»

Replies

• CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'll add just about anything. My favorite combo is chopped up center cut bacon, avocado, cheddar cheese and hot sauce. But I'll but any of the below, in any combo, in my eggs:
    Bell peppers
    Mushrooms
    Any cheese
    Any hot sauce
    Chopped up or ground protein (protein used loosely to accomodate tofu and chopped shrimp, not just turkey/chicken)
    Carrots
    Onions
    Asparagus
    Spinach
    Tomatoes
    Garlic
    Spicy peppers (Serrano, Pasilla, etc)
    Corn
    Broccoli

Yeah, pretty much anything is free game to get tossed into my eggs really. I think the only stuff I haven't thrown in would be berries or other fruits like that, cucumbers or jicama. :)
    this plus a tablespoon of wheat bran.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Nothing. 2 egg whites (I seem to be the only human that uses real eggs for this, but have you ever priced how much egg whites cost to buy. OMG! Anyway, 2 egg whites and one whole egg. Plain. Yum. Often I put it on toast or a whole wheat tortilla, no butter ot anything. I like plain food. One of the problems people have with food is taste. You need to rid yourself of the trap that food needs to taste. You are eating for nutritional value, not because it tastes like anything. try eating bland food for a while. You can relearn to eat food that way, and it changes your relationship with food.

no
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms
    Sharp cheddar
    extra spicy Mrs. Dash seasoning
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Anything is good. I have been doing asparagus and mushrooms. Spinach is also yummy. I always sprinkle some grated parm/romano blend cheese that I get from Trader Joe's on the top also.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I put broccoli and laughing cow cheese
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Pizza omlettes are delicious! Suated onions, peppers, mushrooms, turkey pepperoni topped with pizza sauce and light mozza. Or any combo of pizza toppings. :flowerforyou:
  • Stephb4
    Stephb4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly like omelettes, but I put cinnamon in my scrambled eggs.

I have never thought about putting cinnamon in eggs.... May just have to try that one!
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I saute' fresh mushroom, zuchinni, yellow squash, red onions, and broccoli then i add it to the omlet before flipping with a spot of cream cheese. oh it's sooo good...
    Now i want that for supper and maybe i'll add a bit of asparagus too
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese, onions, sausage, mozzerela cheese, tomatoes, olives.. the list could go on! I want to try spinach one day.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hummus (any flavor you like I use I like spicy pepper, red pepper or jalepeno & cilantro)
    laughing cow cheese
    salsa verde
    all sorts of peppers (bell, green, banana)
    olives (I dont do this but my husband does)
    onions
    spinach (or any greens you like)
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I scramble 3 egg whites, turkey sausage crumbles, and reduced fat cheese!
  • AmandaK192
    Options
    I too love scrambled eggs - my favorite combo - tomatoes, mushrooms, and 1 Tb. shredded cheddar. Yum-0!
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    low fat feta.. mushrooms and turky pepperoni.. add al the veggies you want too.. i'm not a huge veggie fan though