PMS Cravings.....help!

Options
Help please.....I have the WORST cravings ALL DAY. I really don't want to undo all that I have done just because I'm getting my freaking period. Any suggestions???

Replies

• hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have no suggestions. I'm going through the SAME thing right now! I need help too!!!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Usually beating people helps with the anger. (kidding).

What type of things are you craving? For salt I will have a yummy claussen pickle.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    i recently came across this yummo snack to cure some of my cravings.....

chocolate rice cake mini's with jif peanut butter :smile:

250 calories if you have 7 rice cakes with 2T of peanut butter. Tastes like a reese's pnut butter cup :love:
  • hurton
    hurton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you can buy a small portion of Chocolate covered almonds or something of that idea it might help.
    Even a mini chocoate but small so there isn't too much there!

Depds on the craving too..
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Durning this time of the month some months are better then others then there are times I want to eat everything in site. I try and grab fruit or other healthy snacks if I can. But every now than I just have to have a chocolate bar.
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I always schedule a 'cheat' into these couple of days. In my opinion you might as well roll with it, at least a little. I keep it between 200 and 300 calories (the treat that is). I also pay more attention to how I space my meals throughout the day. I find it's really important for me not to allow myself to get too hungry when PMSing. I recently read a study that suggested a woman's metabolism is slightly faster in the days preceding a menstrual cycle, maybe that helps make up for the little indulgences we crave:wink:
  • Jemiot
    Jemiot Posts: 16
    Options
    I find that drinking diet Swiss Miss hot chocolate helps to satisfy my craving and fill me up at the same time. They are 25 cals per pack. I usually add a little stevia or splenda to sweeten up a little more. You can also top it off with fat free Reddi Whip ( 5 cals for two tbsp). I usually have it after dinner (when I would normally otherwise gorge myself on dessert)!
  • Princessbrene
    Princessbrene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you're craving chocolate: I just found these little 100 calorie brownie bites by Keebler. It's a small snack, but it's pretty good. Then there's the 150 calorie Betty Crocker Warm Delights Chocolate or Caramel Lava cakes. You just mix them up and put them in the microwave... yum!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    fat free, sugar free hot cocoa (20 cals) and you can even throw in some mini marshmellows
    Sweets:
    Yogurt raisins (really good if you have just a few, but the cals can add up if you're not careful)
    1/2 cup Nonfat greek yogurt with 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder (I use jillians brand). 160 cals and tastes like a raw cake batter flavored pudding. You can throw in some berries or banana too to bulk it up and make it healthier.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    umm give in? I do, sorry, but it happens. I always give in, but maybe try to control yourself. I am a chocolate, fried food, drink junkie during that week, and then I go back to normal. I still drink plenty water and mostly exercise a few days of that week. good luck.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bananas are great! also fruit or cornflakes :)