Asparagus recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My favorite - Toss in a little sesame oil (a little goes a long way!), sprinkle with sesame seeds and ground ginger and then grill or pan sautee just until softened (not soft and soggy). Yum!
  • mobiledreams12
    Options
    Cut asparagus into pieces about 1" long. Stir fry with king prawns in a little coconut oil... coriander, lime juice and chilli flakes. Nom nom... :-)
  • jude7701
    jude7701 Posts: 23
    Options
    Use just a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast it in the oven for about 20 min, or until it is a little soft but still firm.

We also like browning diced chicken breast in a pan with olive oil and garlic, (meanwhile, cook some cheese ravioli until just about done), cut your asparagus into bit sized pieces, add them to the pan with the chicken with some fire roasted tomatoes, let that simmer for a little bit to combine the flavors. Add the ravioli just before you are ready to serve, they won't take long to finish cooking! You can add oregano and basil if you would like, or thyme and rosemary. It is good, and a one-dish meal! =)
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Roasted with garlic and olive oil.

This is the best! They'll taste just as delicious as they do when you order them when your out to eat.
  • angora2000
    Options
    cut it in 1/4 inch slices on a severe diagonal slant. Steam it in a few tablespoons of water for 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and a bit of butter or oil. For goldenrod asparagus top with grated boiled egg and a tiny bit of greek yogurt. Yummy.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to use them is simple: take the asparagus and cut them into small pieces (about 1" each). Saute them with some olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic. Cook some pasta noodles (I like penne in this dish). Toss the two together. Add a healthy handful of Parmesan cheese. I like eating it as is (hot) and also letting it chill in the fridge and adding some ranch dressing!
    Now this one I am going to try. I love red pepper flakes. I do not know if you have it in the USA, I am sure you must-MRS. DASH spice mix- hot blend or table blend is sensational and fat free.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    205169_10150223359780928_728810927_8780553_229385_n.jpg
  • RynoSada15
    RynoSada15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love cutting it into chuncks and making a bit of a stirfry - mix in bowl with a bit of EVOO, and choice of spices - salt, pepper, garlic, etc...I often will add peppers and/or mushrooms - and put on a skillet and saute til cooked.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I steam it and make a sauce of plain yogurt, light mayo, dijon mustard and lemon to go on it..... it is SOOOOOO good!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to use them is simple: take the asparagus and cut them into small pieces (about 1" each). Saute them with some olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic. Cook some pasta noodles (I like penne in this dish). Toss the two together. Add a healthy handful of Parmesan cheese. I like eating it as is (hot) and also letting it chill in the fridge and adding some ranch dressing!
    Now this one I am going to try. I love red pepper flakes. I do not know if you have it in the USA, I am sure you must-MRS. DASH spice mix- hot blend or table blend is sensational and fat free.

I love the Mrs.Dash Table blend! Thanks everyone for the GREAT ideas.. now if you could only just come and make it for me.. HAHAHA Ive NEVER cooked with it.. so it will be a learning experence for sure!! Alot of these recipes look super simple though, and I enjoy cooking alot.. so its right in my ballpark :wink: You guys are GREAT!!!
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Asparagus with broiled spiced tangarines:

2 asparagus bunches
    3 tangarines
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp salt & pepper (divided)
    1 tbsp honey
    1 tbsp EVOO

-Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Blanch asparagus for 1-2 minutes. IMmediately transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water to cool. Remove and pat dry. Refridgerate or use right away.
    -Preheat oven to broil. Slice two tangerines in half crosswise. Zest the third and set aside. Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne and half the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle cut sides of tangerines with spice mix and set them spice side up on a foil lined raosting pan. Spoon honey over top each half.

- Toss asparagus with oil and remaining salt and pepper and place in a single layer in the pan along side the fruit. Broil in top third of oven until honey has caramlized and asparagus blistered. (4-5 mins). Transfer asparagus to a platter, slice fruit into wedges and serve alone side. Garnish with the zest.

(I've never tried this, Just so happened I was looking at a magazine and saw this asparagus recipe)
  • etcstreit
    etcstreit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have to agree -- roasted is my favorite too... I like to take leftovers; chop into smaller pieces and use in an omelet. :)
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Roasted with garlic and olive oil.

This is the best! They'll taste just as delicious as they do when you order them when your out to eat.
    Yup, this is good. You can also sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper; roll in pruscutto (or however you spell it) spread with cream cheese and throw them *****es on the grill for a few minutes. Asparagus is incredible battered and fried, but that isn't exactly the healthiest option. My whole family grows the stuff so we have plenty of recipes, most of which are terrible for you, lol.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I am definately craving asparagus now. I bought some fresh ones over the weekend, so I think I will cook them tonight. They are super easy to do Jayme. If I can cook them, anyone can. My favorite is sauteed in a little bit of olive oil, or blanched in a small amount of water. Sea salt and pepper are best. My step dad wraps them in bacon with a little bit of soy sauce (like you would to oven roast green beans), and it is fantastic. Omlettes are great too. I guess I better make up my mind which version I want for dinner tonight =)
  • greybeh
    greybeh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on them. Might not be for everyone.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Simply Recipes has an excellent recipe for asparagus souffles!