Help please!

Chasabeth
Chasabeth Posts: 14
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys,

I have been doing this now for about 5 weeks. So far I have lost 12lb, which is fab, but for the past two weeks I havent lost anything!

I have stuck to my intake and I'm exercising everyday but it with no luck so far. Am I being to impatient or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be great.

:smile:

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    It totally depends on how much weight you have to lose. If you have 50+ pounds to lose, then there might be an issue, if you have 30 or less, that's pretty normal. I would make sure you're drinking your water, and check your sodium levels, you retain water when you have too much sodium in your diet.

You will learn how your body adjusts and adapts, if you are not seeing gain then you are doing good. if you have gone for 6 weeks without any change, then you want to change something up. although theoretically you're supposed to lose "1 pound per week" at one setting, I either lose a bunch more or not at all, and eventually it all catches up so I average out to 1 pound a week - like I'll not lose for 2 weeks and then lose 2 pounds 2 weeks in a row.
  • What'd you set your goal loss to? 2 pounds per week?
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Change your exercise routine. Your body can get used to the regular routine and cut the calories it is burning. 5 weeks seems a little early to me for this plateauing to be happening but I know for my own body I plateau at 7-8 weeks. It probably varies between people.
  • Chasabeth
    Chasabeth Posts: 14
    Thanks guys,

And yes, I have it set to two pounds a week and I want to loose over 30lb.
  • Thanks guys,

And yes, I have it set to two pounds a week and I want to loose over 30lb.

I don't know if it would help you or not, but I started losing MUCH quicker when I bumped mine down from 2 to 1.5 pounds per week and always eat my exercise calories. There really is something to the whole "starvation mode" thing they talk about.
This discussion has been closed.