Help Please

Options
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this site and have joined per a tip from one of the trainers at my gym. I've been working out 4-5 days a week for the last 7 weeks for at least 30 minutes per session. I've recuded my caloric intake to no more than 1,500 calories on most days, and try to eat all my fruits and veggies.

The problem?? I've not lost any weight. Not a single pound. I've lost 2% body fat, so that helps, but I'm very confused as to why no weight has come off.

I know what's good for me and what's not, so that really isn't an issue. I'm just hoping for a few tips, suggestions or just a little encouragement.

Thanks!

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Well, I know for me, I'm always very pleased when I lose body fat. I don't really pay too much attention to the scale, but rather focus on my body fat percentage. If that is dropping for you, then you are doing something right! I don't know where you are starting from weight wise, but maybe just focus on body fat and don't worry about the scale?
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You should make sure you are eating what MFP tells you to eat as far as calories go. I wasn't do so and trying different things not losing. Now that I'm following it, I've started to lose again. Make sure you put all your information in correctly and when you exercise log your calories burned too and eat your excercise callories back. I know that doesn't work for all but I can tell you from experience it worked for me. I wasn't getting enough to eat and that's why I stalled out. I also like to zig zag calories too. Somedays I'm under a couple hundred somedays over. Seems to help. The days I don't work out, I do eat about 500 calories more than MFP tells me to since that is taken out already. Hope it helps.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It will come off, just wait!! I thought mine was never coming off either, but about a month in alot started coming off, body just needs to get used to it.Good luck to you!
  • Michelle923
    Michelle923 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the same thing. What I will tell you is that muscle weighs more than fat. Since you have lost body fat, you have likely added lean muscle as well which - is probably why the scale isn't moving. Keep in mind that adding muscle will also speed up your matabolism. It's all good! Stay the course and try not to get hung up on the scale. Instead look at how how your clothes fit, see if your waist or hip measurements are smaller, etc.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would like to suggest a rest week. I also had a long plateau and for work related reasons had to stay out of the gym for a week. I expected to have a gain when i returned but was shocked to see a whopping 5lbs gone..(that have NOT returned) Tony Horton on P90X really advocates the rest week and now i do too :) when you get back into the gym also try mixing up your routine a bit. (I did same workouts but in a different order.)

I wish you much luck.. and congrats on the drop in %..thats a REAL VICTORY!!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi. First off, WELCOME and good job in asking your questions and not just giving up. That is the sign of someone who is committed to being a better you!

So, you have lost fat% but no weight - GREAT. What you are doing is working! Lets start out with basic physiology and biology. Muscle weighs more than fat - you are by far gaining muscle cause you have lost fat. Suddenly you will gain and see muscle tone and you will move easier AND your clothes will fit better and you may not have lost very much if anything according to the scale. These are all called non scale victories or NSV's in MFP vernacular.

Also, if you filled out your profile and such correctly you know what you need to eat to just BE, and what you need to lose. If your intake is 1500 calories/day and MFP is saying you should be higher than that then you may be starving your body. Make sure you eat AT LEAST your minimum every day and AT LEAST 1/2 of your exercise calories. Your body says you need to fuel to go, if you do not have it it stores everything as sugar and you will maintain. You would never try to run your vehicle without fuel, your body is the same. So fuel your body for the optimal energy usage.

Last thing, as you buildmore muscle and lose fat, muscle actually burns more energy (sugar) than does fat - this pays off in a big way as you get into better shape.

Good luck and keep doing what you're doing.Congratulations, and keep on keepin on!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for all your responses. I'll be sure to keep track of my food very carefully this week. I've NOT given up, and although I feel slightly frustrated, I know I'm doing my body good and the weight will (it has to...) come off sooner or later.

Best of luck to you all!

Rachel
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!