plateaus and other obstacles?

Options
hello im just starting out, im female 5'5 i was 205 but during the month of june i lost 15 and have been 190 for the past like 2 weeks, which is really getting to me. im starting to get unmotivated. i didnt really do extra work out stuff in june, and so i just started that. when i log my food in here it says i need more calories but i cant eat anymore! im not hungry. what does that mean? do you think the things im eating just have enough nutrition and fiber to keep me full? any tips on getting over a plateau would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I just want to let you know first off that I am not a proffesional, but I have been on my new lifestyle change since the beginning of this year and I have learned a lot.
    I have a question for you. How many times a day are you eating? What types of foods are you eating? You need to make sure you get in enough protien, fruits and veggies. Also, LOTS OF WATER, that can not be stressed enough. Drink at least 8 glasses a day. Cut out as much caffeine as possible. Are you taking any supplements? What type of exercise are you doing? Cardio, Strength training? Give me a little insight and I will do the best I can to help out.
    Also, plateaus are unfortunately very common. I am in one as we speak and I completely understand your concern. That is why you need to look at what you are eating and maybe change things up a little. Also if you are doing the same exercise program day in and day out that could also make a big difference. Muscle confusion is the key. I would not do the same exercises more than 3 weeks at a time. Change things up. If your body is confused it will continue to work for you.
    Let me know and I wil help you out.
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 6 wks then stalled. I changed my exercise routine and am losing again!
  • milayamyam
    Options
    wow 30 pounds in 6 weeks!? yes please! haha

as for eating, i posted on the nutrition board and discorvered that im not eating enough througout the day. i have to add in a couple snacks, which i can do. as for working out, i didnt "work out" except for walking to class, but i literally JUST started running on the treadmill and bicycling. hopefully that will change it up. how many is 8 glasses of water? like how many ounces would that be? is about 60 ounces of water enough? cuz thats usually what i drink.
  • LuvnMySoldier
    LuvnMySoldier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try to include some type of strength training to your exercise regimen like doing some type of weight lifting with maybe two, 5 -pound dumb bells starting out if you've never lifted before. Youtube has a ton of videos you can check out to show you some examples and a lot of them can be done at home if you're not wanting to spend the money on a gym membership, that's always a good tool. This will benefit you greatly in the long run and also helps to build muscle which helps to burn the fat. Always tweak your program too. Your body will conform to any exercise that you repeat over and over and without that little bit of a change every now and then, plateaus are bound to happen. But congrats on the loss. Keep it up!
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    how many is 8 glasses of water? like how many ounces would that be? is about 60 ounces of water enough? cuz thats usually what i drink.

8 glasses means 8 8ounce glasses, or 64 ounces, which is 1/2 gallon.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Also, most programs suggest eating at least 5 times a day and others 6 times a day. I find 6 times a day too hard. 5 times a day is easier. Call them mini-meals and it sounds better.

Faith-what did you do to lose the 30 lbs in 6 weeks? Those are amazing results.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck since february...
    I'm thinking it may be something medical - have you had a full blood work done recently?