Almost 600 calories left for dinner? What to eat?

Options
Hi,

I ate pretty low calorie foods today and just tracked everything now to try and figure out what to eat for dinner and realized I have just shy of 600 calories left without eating my exercise calories back (which I usually do, or try to). What can I eat that's healthy but still high in calories?

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Rainbow trout with lemon and dill, pan-fried in coconut oil, with a cup of cooked rice and a cup or so of veggies, also pan-fried in coconut oil with paprika and pepper... But that's just me!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    A really big stir fry!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon and a salad w/ a sweet treat maybe
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Omelette!
  • Angelap1121
    Options
    Eat something with eggs in it! That always ups my calories.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    A really big stir fry!

This! So hungry now!
  • krystaldickinson
    Options
    i always bake tilapia or salmon and eat it with brown rice and veggies. the protein from the fish and all the veggies and rice will fill you up enough to satisfy you without over doing your calories. i would stir fry some bell peppers and onions and put them on top of the brown rice and then some sort of fish on the side.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    open your diary so we can see and help you plan from there.
  • BrideToBe101212
    Options
    What do you usually eat for dinner? 600 calories is about my usual dinner. How many calories do you usually eat for 600 to seem like a lot?
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Most of my dinners are 600kcal! :embarassed:

GRILLED CHICKEN
    Chicken Breast 162
    Nandos Sauce 13
    Sweet Potatoes (300g) 261
    Roasted red pepper 32
    Olive Oil 82 (to brush/spray sweet potato wedges/pepper)
    550 total

SPAG BOL
    Turkey Mince (125g) 193
    Dolmio Red Wine (1/4) 21
    Linguine (60g) 227
    Mushrooms 13
    454 total

(I have others on MFP but not on my spreadsheet) x
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A huge piece of steak!!! Have it with mashed potatos/pumpkin! Yummmmmy!!!! I wish I had 600cals left over for dinner, I've just made myself crave this! Lol
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    What do you usually eat for dinner? 600 calories is about my usual dinner. How many calories do you usually eat for 600 to seem like a lot?

I was thinking this, 600 would be a lot left for me on a none workout day where I ate well but if I had worked out that day I would panic with just 600 left!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    wings!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    sushi :)
  • RileeMarie
    RileeMarie Posts: 113
    Options
    Afraid to post this without being ridiculed but here it goes: I have 1155 calories left for supper... and I have eaten something every 2 hours today.. I'll be happy to give my calories away if it means someone not riding my *kitten* about how I must not being eating right or I must just want to starve myself.. finding more post that are so rude than motivational lately. I have asked and taken great advise to increase my calorie intake.. With that said.. I like the stir fry suggestion..
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I had Hawaiian chicken with a baked sweet potato for 691 calories for dinner tonite.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have 1155 calories left for supper... With that said.. I like the stir fry suggestion..

If you're trying to eat more (sorry for those who aren't) this is my favourite 'naughty' stir fry...
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3655/crispy-chilli-beef-with-broccoli

x
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Rainbow trout with lemon and dill, pan-fried in coconut oil, with a cup of cooked rice and a cup or so of veggies, also pan-fried in coconut oil with paprika and pepper... But that's just me!

yummy!!! come cook for me!!! :smile:
  • ensoleille
    Options
    Spaghetti bolognese :)
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It probably won't help you tonight but that is about the amount I have left as well. I make this fantastic vegetable lasagna that I make ahead and freeze. Basically a lasagna recipe with slivered vegetables like kale, red and green peppers, zucchini, onion and mushrooms. I use lowfat/nonfat ricotta mixed with lowfat/nonfat cottage cheese and whole wheat lasagna noodles. It really hits the spot when your hungry. Sometimes if I'm in a pinch and need some calories but have nothing available at the house, I will just buy a lean cuisine or similar but I try not to eat these pre-packaged foods. You can always add a smoothie to something to give you more calories. Sometimes, I just leave it where it is with a calorie shortage. It doesn't hurt to come up short once in a while.