Let me Introduce Myself to You...

Options
Well, here I am 23 Years old at weight of 245lbs...

Reality sank in yesterday when I bought a full length mirror (It was either the worst Idea ever or best) That is if my butt gets in gear. When I looked in the mirror it was so hard to see what I have become. I only had a mirror in my bathroom that I could see my face in basically.... When I seen what I really look liked, it hurt, I was angry sad, mad and guilty all in one. I am not sure how I have let myself go so bad....
12 Years of a roller coaster of weight loss and gain, here I am...

I have a 2 year old daughter and she means the world to me.....at this rate, she wont have a mom that can do things with her...

I Want to get married but always have the excuse about not being fit...

I hope this is MY time, I wanna do it THIS time.....

Any encouring words, thoughts or friends would be great. I need to NAIL it this time and I am asking for your support!!!!!!

Replies

• nicholacm
    nicholacm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HEy there ! First of all well done for facing up to your issues ! Your motivation alone should be looking at your childs face a. Think of all the great times you are going to have when you are fit and healthy to run around with her !
  • hvergelmir
    Options
    Here's an idea.. Maybe you should pick a wedding dress and make that your goal :) I bet your daughter will be proud and inspired when she hears her mother succesfully faced her issues :)

Feel free to add me!
  • SimplyAllys
    Options
    Its hard when you have children. They always come first, and sometimes you lose track of yourself. I'm 22. I have a 1.5 year old and a 7 month old. I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs soon. Like your realization, Im facing a San Diego summer and don't want to be left behind by my hubs and kids when they head to the beach. I've got a friends wedding coming in June that I would like to slim back down for and just an overall need to be healthy and happy again.
    I'm a culinary student, so I'm trying to put my skills to the test in thinking up healthy family dinners. Hubs gained a bit while I was pregnant, so it motivates me to help him along too.
    Been going to the gym, it's definitely worth it! It sucks when you first get there, but after you leave, you're so proud of yourself for completing a good work out.
    I'm also looking for friends (sent you a request) and find that it's so much easier with a support system to give you that little extra push you need to get through each day.
    I'm here for support or even if you just need a good kid-friendly healthy recipe! I'm always happy to share!
  • lilmistyrose
    Options
    Welcome & congrats on taking a step to a healthier you! I love this website & hope you find it as helpful as I have, its a great trackng tool - as long as you use it. Over the last 8 years my weight has ranged from 244 at my heaviest to 115. I was closing back in on 200 lbs when I decided enough (my hubby & i seem to go through phases of pure laziness). Not sure about your workout program, but a few things i find helpful is to keep moving while I watch tv (on treadmill, walk in place, leg lifts, squats, etc) - otherwise i'd be sitting there watching it anyways! Also, I really like the "10 Minute Solutions" dvd's they have cardio, pilates, dance - lots of choices! There are about 5 - 10 minutes sessions on each dvd so you can do just 1, 2, or all of them depending on the amount of time you have. Good luck!
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't spend another minute feeling guilty etc... You can't change the past, you can only move forward. I don't know how much weight you want to lose but it can be overwhelming when you are just starting out again. Set small goals. As you reach each one, it will get you excited and motivated to continue on.

I started again 2 weeks ago and I have a ton of weight to lose. I didn't get started for such a long time because it seemed like too much weight and I knew what it took to get it off before.

Finally I had to think smaller. Now I think one meal, one day at a time. I celebrate every evening when I get all my water in or eat enough veggies and fruits, logging my food each day.

I have lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks. If I can do it, you can do it, too.

We are here to support you
  • murfstroo
    Options
    I've always said that a woman's body is constantly changing. It seems that every 5 years our bodies change much more than a man's. So look into the future and decide how you want your body to look in 5 years. Be realistic. And most of all focus on healthy not skinny. This site is much like your full length mirror. If you diligently track what you are eating then you will get honest feedback on a daily basis on how well you are maintaining portion control and balancing calorie intake with exercise. Share your diary with some friends to keep yourself honest when tracking your food. I started using the site just before the holidays and I bought a digital scale to weigh my food in ounces. Now I really do know how many ounces of meat I can have and I measure my wine as well so I can log it accurately. My fitness goal is only 20 pounds but for me it's a mountain and every day is a challenge. I'm very thankful for the site and those who encourage me which is mostly family and a few new friends. Good luck, smile that you are on the right track and take those baby steps that all add up to your goal. You can do it!