New to MFP. 450lb Army Bound. Need some support and friends.

Options
2»

Replies

• aqcannon
    aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As a former soldier myself, and a fellow 450+ lb. -er, feel free to add me if you so desire. Let's take this ride together. I"m shooting at the 250 mark, but would love to hit 230 eventually. (I'm 6'7")
  • Heevenlee
    Heevenlee Posts: 35
    Options
    you can add me if you would like
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Check out all of the success stories on this site....It is so encouraging to see the before and after pictures.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good luck! =)
    Feel free to add me!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I admire your aspirations and wish you luck on your journey. A few months before graduating High school I was ready to enlist in the Navy, passed all the testing just needed to sign the paperwork. I graduated and was ready to sign the paperwork, weighted in and was denied, they could not hold my desired placement for a few months. I recommend lots of cardio and calisthenics.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    First of all, this is NOT IMPOSSIBLE! U can do it! All you have to do is make the decision to do it, put in the work, and before you know it, ur there! Second of all... I'm coming for ya! We'll do this together! :flowerforyou:
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. I joined last month and everyone has been great. Let me know if you need any advice
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me and good luck!
  • Dewdrop24
    Dewdrop24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you still need more friends. :)
  • SARAH7378
    SARAH7378 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm new too! Add me if you'd like. Thanks
  • laleepop14
    Options
    You can add me. I'm new to the community also and have ~150 lbs to lose. I admire your goal and also have family in or retired from the Army. Best wishes on your road to success. :smile:
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Out "Frigen" Standing! I'm a Marine OOH RAH and I feel your pain. You can do it all it takes is motivation, determination, will power and committment! One day at a time is all you need. I was at 237 about a year ago after my surgery and I'm slowing getting back into my regiment of working out at least 3 to 5 times a week. Remember everyone is different and you need to listen to your body and make sure you talk to your pcp. If you haven't been working out start off by changing your diet, drinking lots of H20, and plain and simply walking! You need to walk before you can run OOH RAH! Also make sure you get your regular yearly check ups to make sure that everything checks out A-OK! Your'e at a critical point in your weight where complications can occur such as diabetes. I lost my best friend a year ago to diabetes and he was only 47 years old! When he was diagnosed with diabetes within a year he passed! Remember you have family and friends who care about you so if that's not motivation enough "Then get of your *kitten* drop down and give me 20!
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The support on this site is amazing, and together, we'll all reach our goals!

18198566.png
  • skinnyfromwithin
    Options
    That is wonderful!!!! Feel free to add me!
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! My nephew went through a process similar to yours. His older brother joined the navy and he wanted to follow in his foot steps but couldn't because of his weight. What really helped him was running once he was able to. He looks amazing now and I'm sure you will too. Feel free to add me if you need support.
  • Nymeria42
    Nymeria42 Posts: 21
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs so that I could join the Navy. It was such a great feeling when I swore in because I knew how hard I worked for it! You can do it if you really want it!
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My nephew went from 318 to 193 in 9 months to join the Marines. He lived with me during that time and I have never seen anyone more determined to lose weight than he was. He has been in the Marines for 2 years now and is now training to go to Afghanistan. He was 19 when he came to live with me, it was amazing to watch him go from a child to a man in such a short time.

I know if he can do it, you can too! Good luck with your weight loss! And because I know you can do it, thank you for serving our country!:flowerforyou: