PROTEIN BARS

Options
is it not a good idea if i have a protein bar everyday? i use it as a post workout snack.. i workout 5 days a week.. i eat healthy i know bars are "processed" - the ones i have are either pure proteins, lara or luna..... it helps me on the go.. do any of you eat protein bars frequently and it hasnt stalled ur weight loss?

Replies

• gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Eh.. I used to eat one a day on workout days. I think it all depends on the person. I prefer shakes.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with protein bars in my book. I eat Cliff or Mojo bars a few times a week. Hasn't stopped me from losing weight!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I eat protein bars whenever! They are a staple of my weight loss plan (as given to me by my doctor!). I use them whenever it's inconvenient to drink a protein shake during the day.
    Just be sure to go with good ones! You should be able to read and recognize what most of the ingredients are. No aspertame too, my doctor has said to eliminate it as much as possible because of the link to colon cancer.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong in having one every day, so long as it falls within your calorie goals. I don't really care for the taste of protein supplements, but I have a 1/2 bar every day before weight training (3x a week).

For me, Pure Protein's chocolate peanut butter is so far the best tasting out of those with 20g + of protein. I still can't see myself eating the whole thing, but its decent enough to keep me satisfied until I have real food. Hope this helps!
  • Saisha23
    Saisha23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I eat one daily and it hasn't cause problems with my weight loss. I am stalled out now, because I hit the wall, haven't been eating and exercising as I should, but that's all me. I have a protein shake for breakfast and at least one bar for a snack, it helped me lose 49 lbs...just saying"
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think having one a day is fine - if they help you get your daily of protein - its a good choice after a workout. I usually have them as a snack in the afternoon before dinner. I like protein shakes after a workout personally.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I prefer the shakes, but personal preference aside there is no good reason you can't have one after a workout every day! :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i prefer shakes if i need to up the protein.

i like making my own protein bars as well though Cx
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I am in L:heart:VE with Balance Bar's Lemon Meringue Crunch. Soooo good. And if you "like" them on Facebook, you can print coupons. https://www.facebook.com/balancebar

If it fits your calories, it won't harm your progress. Even if you had a Snickers every day, if it fits your calories, it won't harm your progress.
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have made the Jamie Eason ones. I like them, though I have had to reduce the amount of sugar substitute because I found them too sweet (which says a lot for me, who has multiple sweet teeth, boy that sounds funny!)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-lean-eat-clean-with-jamie-eason-main-page.htm
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one every day. My nutritionist was not thrilled( prefers natural over processed) but I have lost 158 lbs in the past 15 months and have great blood work. They are my favorite snack "food" of the day. Like a cookie fix. I eat lara bars, South Beach protein peanut, and nature Valley almond. I have a gluten allergy and these work for me.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your cals it won't stall your weight loss.

I love those pure protein bars, they taste like snickers. Om nom nom!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I honestly have a protein bar sometimes once everyday. If it fits within my macros/cals, I don't see why not!
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat them to fill in between meals. I may have a lot of calories before dinner. Also if you are working out a lot it helps to consume lots of protein for muscles.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yeah....as long as it's within your numbers....your body isn't gonna be like, "Uh, uh. That is just too many protein bars for me this week. Gain!"
  • onequirkygirl
    Options
    ........omg how do i delete this
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    i prefer shakes if i need to up the protein.

i like making my own protein bars as well though Cx

Want to share your recipe?
  • onequirkygirl
    Options