Exercises for Upper Back

Options
Okay, so I do know that you can't spot target weight loss and while that sucks, it is true.

BUT I have this lovely green dress that I really want to wear in a little under three weeks and the only part that's too small is the chest. Which might be because my boobs have grown since the last time I wore it 4 years ago, but still.

I really want it to fit, so does any know any exercises which might target those muscles back there. I know I can't intentionally lose that fat, but maybe if I can tone up some of those muscles, I can MAYBE squeeze myself into this dress.

Any ideas?

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    prone rows and using a rear deltoid machine. I just know this because I have shoulder problems and in my physical therapy we work on upper back muscles.

You can also look up "rear deltoid exercises"
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Cardio, 7 small meals a day, and carb cycling will get you there in 3 weeks =)
  • hassan26
    hassan26 Posts: 37
    Options
    Do push ups where your hand are wider than normal. If regular is a foot apart go for 2 ft or 2.5 ft. Try them the work, let me know how it went.
  • leahlynell
    Options
    And as a last ditch effort, if you have just a bit to go, take the dress with you and shop for 'Spanks' the day before.......
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bleh, "toning" again.....

If you don't lose fat, but build muscle, you'll actually make yourself bigger. However, do rows, deadlfits, and pull-ups (or lat pulldowns).
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bleh, "toning" again.....

If you don't lose fat, but build muscle, you'll actually make yourself bigger. However, do rows, deadlfits, and pull-ups (or lat pulldowns).

Trust me, I know that one by heart. I've been really good at losing the fat steadily, but anything that helps me lose it where I really don't want it right? Same as targeting those love handles if you ask me ;)