Are there any good, reliable, cheap, scales?

Options
I thought I got a good one - a Taylor digital from Target - that does body fat analysis, water, etc. But now it's starting to give me inconsistent results, and fluctuating wildly, while I'm standing on it.

Does such a scale exist!?!? Good+reliable+inexpensive?

PC

Replies

• kaybeepickles
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing! I bought this one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LRDU22/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

At first I thought this is great. But then I noticed if I get on it step off and then right back on the weight is different! So I have to get on like 4 times in a row to try and determine where I really am at! But I have lost weight and I have noticed it come down on the scale... however I would like to only step on once or twice and feel confident at the number.
  • tekhipee
    tekhipee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a health o meter scale. It always reads pretty accurate. I dont know If I trust the body fat/water percentages but the weight portion never flip flops.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love my scale. It can be found on sale for as low as 29 bucks. I paid 40 bucks. Says it goes to 400lbs. 5 yr warranty. Gives the same answer if you get on and off several times.

Health o Meter Silver Body Fat Monitoring Scale

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Health-o-meter-Silver-Body-Fat-Monitoring-Scale/10264537
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    bumping.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I have a health o meter scale. It always reads pretty accurate. I dont know If I trust the body fat/water percentages but the weight portion never flip flops.

I have a Health O Meter too, but mine is just digital weight - no body fat, water, etc. But it's also only $17 in WalMart and is accurate. At least, it's always been dead-on with my doctor's office, and doesn't do the whole different-number-when-you-step-off-and-bAck-on thing. Although it DOES tell me I'm 40lbs lighter if I put it on carpet LOL
  • HopefulMyra
    Options
    I dont know what mines is called but i got it from Walmart & it works good. I love to see the numbers go down even if its .2 lbs lol.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    i have a weight watchers digital scale...don't know model number. works pretty well...seems very consistent.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I have the Weight Watchers glass body analysis scale. I bought it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $30 (not too bad and I'm a college student lol). I love it thus far. It doesn't waiver when get on and it's accurate.
  • nanomac
    nanomac Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a weight watchers digital scale that is pretty accurate and doesn't do water, bone mass or any of that other stuff. When I had a scale like that, it fluctuated wildly, whereas the Weight Watchers scale seems to be correct. I do have to get on and off it sometimes, though, to get the number to repeat a couple times, then I know it's right. I tested the theory at my doctor's office. And it's only 20 or 30 bucks, if you can find it on sale at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond. It's also pretty.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have this one from Kmart
    http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_005W128810110001P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2
    I've had it for a couple years and have been very happy with it. Weight stays consistent if I step off and step back on again. Website says $30.00, I'm sure I got mine on sale for less.
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've gone through 3 scales in the past 2 years, I had a roommate who was very heavy and I think he broke 2 of them...

Anyways, some cheaper models might have a few small issues. An uneven surface can create an inaccurate weight, so weigh yourself on different spots on the floor just to make sure. Or put your scale in the same exact spot every time. Luckily my bathroom floor has squares in the design, so I put my scale in the same 4 squares every time.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I got a health o meter from target. I have had it now almost 4 years and it's still accurate. I only know this based on my weights at the dr office my scale usually only off by 1lb n half. N that's with shoes my clothes on at the dr
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I got a health o meter from target. I have had it now almost 4 years and it's still accurate. I only know this based on my weights at the dr office my scale usually only off by 1lb n half. N that's with shoes my clothes on at the dr

That's great! Mines is off by 4lbs from Doc office.

And I want to get a digital.

Thank you so much for info!
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options

That's great! Mines is off by 4lbs from Doc office.

And I want to get a digital.

Thank you so much for info!

maybe its off at the docs office because you wear clothes?
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Scales lie and they can crush dreams. It wasn't until I threw mine out that I lost 7 belt loops, only 4 more to go!!!! :)