will power!

Options
I lose my will power at evening time, Help! I do good until dark. Can't stay focused on not eating .

Replies

• lizmunoz02
    Options
    find a GREAT book to read! it will keep ur mind busy and will help u fall asleep so u wont be tempted.
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same problem! :ohwell:
  • jessiecevallos
    Options
    I feel you! I am reading the stories on mfp to keep me focus on my goal of loosing weight. also have a couple of water bottles to try to ease food cravings. Looking forward to your suggestions comments.
  • ger53
    ger53 Posts: 35
    Options
    I lose my will power at evening time, Help! I do good until dark. Can't stay focused on not eating .
    Keeping busy helps ... it is hard to put food in your mouth if both hands are busy!! Needlework, painting, etc
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Some ideas:
    chew gum
    brush your teeth
    get rid of junk food from the house
    post a picture of yourself you hate on the refrigerator and cupboards with the caption "do you want to look like this forever?"
    post a picture of someone whose body you admire on the refrigerator and cupboards
    keep a bowl of apples and carrots ready to chew on if you get hungry
    distract yourself by taking a walk
    call someone on the phone
    go to bed early
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just putting the work into this site helps me. I am more likely to not cheat if I complete my day. There have been a few where I did
    eat a little something-something, but overall this....being on now, helps me! Good luck to you.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I used to associate night time with watching tv and snacking. I had to completely change up my nights for a while so that I no longer had a habit of eating while watching tv. It helps me to have water by my side at all times, and if I feel the need to snack, I have some sort of sliced up fruit or veggies, which fill me up on less calories. Gum seems to help too, something about the flavor and the chewing helps kill any cravings that I'm having when it's not really hunger making me want to snack.
  • Holly302
    Holly302 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also find it hard to keep on track in the evenings. Grazing has always been my problem. The kitchen calls for me! I can do well for a few days, then it all crashes because I give in. It is worse to eat late in the evening? Even if you can still have more calories based on your limit? I have always heard don't eat after 6 or 7pm because it will go to fat? Is that true?