Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great information!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love this site. I do a workout or two per day....and most of the time I just use my own body weight. Calisthenics are amazing! I can really see a difference in my core strength.

For the sandbag I have just filled a duffle bag full of kitty litter (about 20lbs).
    For the pull ups what I do is grab two chairs and hook a broom through the chairs so that I can use it as a bar...
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting the 30 Day February Challenge tonight as well. I figure if I can do three of the challenges back to back, in 90 days (Memorial Day Weekend-ish) I'll be bangin' ;)

The list is a really good idea. I watched the fit test video last night just as a preview, and I was a bit surprised that the video didn't demonstrate the exercises in the timeframe you are supposed to do them.

Another question: when you guys say you do this, are you following the calendar on the bodyrock.tv website?

I was doing the February 30 Day Challenge a day behind because there were days when they posted the workouts late. Then I went on vacation and haven't gotten back to it. Next week, they are starting week-long challenges, so I am deciding if I want to finish the February challenge or not. The February challenge was brutal, at least Sean's pyramid rep challenges was.
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Bodyrocker here too, love them, that's all I have been doing for the past 3 years and love getting in an intense workout in such a short period of time. It took me a while to get the dip station but well worth the money, its my favourite piece of equipment along with the timer. I use kettlbells in place of the sandbag but hope to soon invest in a sandbag.

I miss Zuzana but Lisa Marie is doing great and pushing me even harder then ever before, most videos have a modification that you can do without the use of any equipment or a substitution, hope you enjoy it too!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Im a new bodyrocker and love it! Tend to be very short on time and so their duration is perfect for me. I modify the moves with dumbells if it involves sandbags or just use bodyweight- still just as effective.

I dont have a gymboss, i use an app for interval training on my android.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For those of you who dont know Zuzana is making her own workouts, you can find them on youtube. Her channel is ZuzkaLight, her videos show her doing the entire workouts. I still bodyrock from time to time, but I love Zuzana and am really enjoying her workouts more then Lisa.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have been bodyrocking since the end of January and I love it. My body has definitely changed. I'm so much stronger and much more toned. I utilize things around the house for equipment and I downloaded an interval timer and stopwatch onto my phone. I do have my dumbbells and kettle ball for many of the exercises. ZWOW is also really great. I highly recommend the workouts.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Thinking of joining the next 30 day challenge with my boyfriend. Love that its free, you can do it in your living room, and you don't really need fancy equipment!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I like zuzana and just did one of her zwow workouts the other day. I'm not really into Lisa, check her youtube channel out Zuzka Light I think is what it is called!
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aw62101
    aw62101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A few friends and I are doing the 30 day January Challenge. We obviously started late but I am loving the workouts! I love that it's a M-F workout with active rest on the weekends. I started last Wednesday so I'm adapting my schedule until I'm caught up to be just M-F.

I don't have any of the equipment either but like a few others, I've downloaded an interval timer (I use HITT interval timer) on my phone and a stop watch for Sean's workouts and for the rep challenges. The videos go through all the exercises quickly but if you watch at the end, they show you them slowly and also show you adaptations if you don't have equipment or need to start out a little slower pace. For the sandbag, I filled up a backpack with my dumb bells wrapped in towels.

Today was day 5 for me. 75 high knees (since I haven't jumped rope in ages and need to work on it before I can skip rope!) and then 25 knee lifts sitting on the edge of a chair since I don't have the dip station.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I loved the January 30 day challenge. The Sean's February pyramid rep challenges were brutal for me, and I didn't love it.
  • rouleaux
    rouleaux Posts: 31
    Options
    bump
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I just got into these workouts. I was interested in bodyrock at first, but after seeing all of the equipment that was needed, I decided to go with Zuzana's ZWOWs, and they are a killer. I'm sure I will look up some of the older workouts with Zuzana once I run through the ZWOWs. :)
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Heres a list of ones you can search on the website that require NO equipment :)
    but i really like the idea mentioned above of a duffle filled with phone books, so ingenious :)

15 Minutes of Pure Torture
    18 Minute S&M
    550 Rep
    600 Rep Sexier Body
    Abs Assassin
    Best Ripped Abs
    Bikini Body
    Body Burn
    Body Lift
    Body on Fire (personal fav.)
    Bodyweight Interval Training
    Booty Firm Up
    Booty Moving
    Fat *kitten* Burn Off
    Hot To Trot (shoulder/ab burn!)
    Hottie Body
    Kiss My Tight *kitten*
    Love Muscles (aka: Rock It) (personal fav.)
    OMG Sexy Body
    Power Girl (or Boy) (personal fav.)
    Rock 'n No Rolls
    Round Booty (aka: Rock Your Body Flow)
    Sexy Pain Train
    Stereo Love
    Suicidal Sweat (personal fav. - beat Zuzana well, :)
    Sweet Punishment
    Triple X
    Turbo Fat *kitten* Blaster

Bumping to check out later, thanks
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i didn't realize how big this was. someone should create a group. i did fit test this morning and my butt is still aching. i look forward to the challenges
  • aw62101
    aw62101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been sore every day. lol Started week 2 of Jan challenge today.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    on my iphone i have an interval app that does the time settings 20/10 and theres another one
    also on there she shows ways to modify without using the equipment they have listed
    ive found that kettle bells work well or even medicine balls work well to replace the pink sand bag
    :D

or even sometimes just my body weight since its a tough workout as it is!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump * for later
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump!