Spanx is renewing my motivation

Options
My clothes have become baggy but I dont want to buy new ones until I lose at least 10 more pounds. In the past I've found that I tend to give up at this point. My clothes are loose, I'm looking better, feeling better, so I just decide that I'm good how I am. Well, I'm not ready to give up and settle for a 12 lb loss, I need to get to at least 30 lbs... so.... I bought some spanx and I wear them to work. These stinkin things are so tight that it makes me feel like I did when my pants were tight. Weird thing is I like it. I reminds me that I'm not thin enough and I need to keep losing. And they help me not to over eat because I dont want my clothes to be tight. Not to mention that I'm looking pretty sweet lately ;)

Replies

• LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Love Spanx. I find that having my clothing loose is unsettling for me. I don't know why. Strange.
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Spanx is good for feeling firm but I find it puts too much pressure on my bladder and I have this annoying urge to pee all the time.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Ugh, more power to ya if you can stand them! I hate the things and only wear them if they are absolutely necessary for my outfit to look right. I don't mind loose clothes - I wore my old jeans until they were literally falling off me.
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Spanx are AWESOME!! Love them.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I understand it completely. I wear tight yoga pants to the gym to remind myself that they could use to be a little more loose!
  • firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I put some on for the first time in my life about a month ago. It actually made me feel depressed, like I had given up on looking good on my own or something...I don't know why but it made me cry. Maybe I need some professional help.:blushing: I'm glad you all love them, but they motivated me the other way...to start lifting weights so I don't ever need to put Spanx on again!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I love my spanx!! I own like 8 pairs.