How Many Inches Have You Lost???

Options
VeggieKelli
VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
Okay, so the last month I've had to come to terms with the fact that muscle does weigh more than fat, and the scale will not be nice in return. That month alone I lost 2 inches in my waist, but my weight virtually stayed the same. That inspired me to get this conversation rolling, because I am proud of where I am at measurement wise!!

So tell me, how many inches have you lost? Your whole body? Specific area? Pant sizes/Dress sizes? Bra sizes? Let's talk about something besides weight...!!

For me, I only measured two places from the very beginning:

waist: 33.5 (11/28/11), 27.5 (3/4/12) = 6 inches total!!
Hip: 45.5 (11/28/11), 39 (3/4/12) = 6.5 inches total!!

I also went from a 36F, to a 34F, which makes me super happy, and a size 14 (maybe 16 but I wouldn't admit!) to a size 10, almost 9.

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'm rather afraid to measure!
  • jjclark529
    Options
    I only lost 1.2 lbs since starting Les Mills pump, but within the first phase of the program (34/35 days) I've lost a total of 7 inches:

Bust/chest = -1 3/4
    R Arm = -3/4
    L Arm = -5/8
    Waist = -1 3/4
    Hips = -1 3/4
    R Thigh = -3/8
    L Thigh = 0 (only because I gained 3/8 inches half way through and then lost the same 3/8 inches by the end of the 30+ days)

I'm happy that there has been change and I can tell the difference in my clothes. They fit looser on me, which makes me EXTREMELY happy. Can't wait for my 60 day results!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Since I have started:

Waist: loss 2 inches

Neck: loss 1 inch (don't think I will lose anymore)

Thighs: loss 1/2 inch (just started measuring them last week)

So far so good :D

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna :-)
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Waist: 29" to 24.5" (-4.5")
    Hips: 35" to 33.5" (-1.5")
  • Cross_fitter
    Options
    It's great to read that someone else know's that it's all about the measurements.....I haven't moved on the scales since i started 6 weeks ago bt my clothes have gone down a whole size. I wish I'd now got measurements done (ie; calipers to measure body fat) to keep an eye on lean body mass which is my aim....I will eventually do it to help me keep an eye on my healthy eating regime...because I know that my calories will need to be increased as my metabolism becomes more efficient and I become leaner!!...got to keep working at it though:)
  • VeggieKelli
    Options

Neck: loss 1 inch (don't think I will lose anymore)

That's one I forgot about, Neck I've went from a 13 to an 11, I keep thinking I can't lose anymore in my Neck and then I do!
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Funny you asked, i measured today for my one month measure i started in Feb. So for 1 month i lost 4.125 in. from all over my body. An inch from my waist and 1/8 from my neck, .75 from my thigh. Half of that from my chest. Not my breasts though, the cup is the same but the size around went from a 40 to 38 or 36. Still a DD or DDD depending. Strangely enough i gained about 2/8 or so of an inch in my arm,hmm. Not sure how but i was really excited to see all of it coming down except that one. Yay for measuring.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Took my measurements yesterday. I have no clue to what my weight is (the scale has left the building till mid March :wink: )...here's what I've lost so far within the last month or so...3 inches from the curve (indent) part of the waist..1/2 from chest, 2 1/2 from waist around belly button, 2 from hips. Yay!!
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    started Jan 25th this year and have already lost 17 total inches. Will measure again on Friday.
  • VeggieKelli
    Options
    Wow, you guys really inspire me!! Way to lose those inches!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16.75 inches in 4 months! :noway:
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 42" waist to a 34" waist , I'm aiming to a 32" but we'll see.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    January 1st to July 1st

Neck: 18.5" to 15.5"
    Chest: 46" to 42"
    Hips: 41" to 35.5"
    Waist: 51" to 38.5"
    BF%: 33% to 21.9%

25" Total
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Since starting 16 months ago I have lost 25.5 inches total from all over, the best measurement being the narrow point of my waist where I have lost 5 inches!
  • 4schrocks
    4schrocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I too have not lost much weight which I try not to get discouraged about. I measured myself the other day though and in a few months time I've lost a total of 7 inches.

1/2 in left arm
    1 1/2 inches in Right thigh
    1 inch in Left thigh
    1 1/2 inches in waist
    and 2 1/2 inches in hips.

That motivated me to keep on truckin. :happy:
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    3/30/12 arm:14 today 13.
    3/30/12 chest 40 today 37.
    3/30/12 waist 36 today 31.
    3/30/12 glut 47 today 41.
    3/30/12 thigh 29 today 26.
    3/30/12 calf 161/2 today 15.
    I didn't know you are suppose to measure the neck so on 4/21/12 neck 14 today 13.
    So total I came up with 21 1/2 inches lost 4 months. This is really motivating to me concidering the scale is not my best friend at this time. Inches really do matter, so to all my large girls and guys out there who are plugging at it every day, keep going each day we work at it our bodies are changing even if we don't think it is.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Since January: 3.5" from my chest (bye bye boobies... sigh), 5" from my waist, 4" from my hips
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've gained. :-(
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 20 inches now! :drinker:

Bust: 2.5 inches
    Waist: 4.5 inches
    Hips: 3.5 inches
    Right arm: 1.25 inches
    Left arm: 1.25 inches
    Right thigh: 3.5 inches
    Left thigh: 3.5 inches
  • meltdownlemon
    Options
    I started at 240lbs, so far Ive lost 50 pounds. Went from a 22 to 14/15
    Starting:
    Waist: 43
    Hip/bellybutton: 52
    Low Hip: 55

Current: 189.5
    Waist: 34
    Hip/bellybutton: 41.5
    Low Hip: 42

Im still halfway away from my GW of 140!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!