Ripped in 30

Options
So I do about 45 mins of cardio a day but some days I like to do the Ripped in 30 DVD for the strength part of it. I was told recently that I was probably not losing weight because I was working out too much. My question is, how do I document the calories burned during the Ripped In 30 DVD.... I have no clue how many calories I am burning but I would like those documented so I know if I am working out too much.
Thanks!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? That would be an easy way to estimate the calories burned during your workout.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have only done three days of Week One of Ripped in 30 and burn approximately 130 calories using the Fitbit. Maybe I am not working hard enough but nonetheless I do break a sweat. Hope this helps.
  • rubykirby
    Options
    I read somewhere that it is 450 but thought too high so I use 250 (same as 20 minutes on elliptical).
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For me it differed by level. Level 1 and 3 I burned 184-200(the 184 is because I was unfamiliar with the moves so would skip some reps to get the form. Then once I had the moves down, I burned between 190 - 200 calories). I burned more with level 2; between 194 - 220 calories. You move around a lot more even in the strength training in that level. Haven't done level 4 yet though. And these are readings from my Polar FT60 HRM. I am 5'5.5" and weight 145lbs. I log it as circuit training then just change the # of calories burned. Hope that helps a bit.
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 138lbs and I figured my calorie burn by comparing it to a 5MET activity, roughly 180 calories. At the higher levels, I bump it to 220 b/c I can tell I'm working harder, i.e. sweating and following the "badass" :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    To the OP, I do cardio prior to Ripped in 30 every time, and I lost about 3.5- 4 lbs already in 3 weeks. I just started Level 2 on Friday.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 level 1 today and according to my Polar FT60 HRM I burned 231 calories. That should be accurate with a HRM but I haven't seen any replies here that have burned that much on level 1:huh: .....Maybe it is because I varied my weights between 3, 5, and 8 lb dumbbells....