NSV: Trying on jeans!

Options
Today I went to Old Navy to look at workout clothing and decided to try on jeans just to see how the next size down was fitting in prep for my trip to the outlet in a few weeks. Ever since I started losing weight in 2009, I've been gauging my weight loss clothing-wise via Old Navy's "Sweetheart" jeans that I've owned in every size from 16R (back before I lost my first 25lbs pre-MFP) to my now worn-out and disintegrating 8's that I need to replace.

Much to my surprise, only 7lbs and 1/f the Shred after starting MFP, today, I was able to fit into a pair of SIXES!!! I actually teared up a tiny bit in the fitting room. I know they're definitely tighter than I'd like, so I didn't buy them, but I'm hoping with some hard work and tracking these next two weeks that I'll be able to fit into them more comfortably and purchase a pair when I'm at the outlet!

I'm so excited because I'd been kind of bummed that the scale wasn't moving very fast and this totally justifies all the work. :) Just had to share!

21oowoj.jpg

Replies

• liscain
    liscain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic!!!! I'm so happy for you and can totally relate xoxo KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    They look really good; keep up the hard work!
  • brookebattaglia
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Size 6 look at you girl! That's amazing! Keep up the wonderful work, you look great!
  • Tiffaney82690
    Options
    awesome! I was at old navy the other day and thought about trying a smaller size but I couldn't I cant stand trying clothes on especially if they dont fit lol I cant handle it mentally :p but so awesome! Im sure you will be comfortable to buy them next time!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)
  • beachbebe
    beachbebe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wonderful success story. You'll be buying them soon.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can totally relate! I went "shopping" in my closet this weekend and my size 16s which haven't fit in a couple of years, I was able to get on (not actually wearable, but I could button them!). It's a start since at my heaviest I was wearing a 22!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That is such a win! ^_^ Congrats!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    great job girl!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Especially at old navy. They always seem to be on the smaller size of clothing sizes.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Also keeping in mind that Old Navy runs SMAAAALL. Go to an Ann Taylor Loft and try some 6's on. They'll fit like a glove. ;-)
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    wow! That's a great NSV!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Good for you! Jeans are such a good indication of our efforts.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! and such a great motivation to continue! :):)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing and such a great feeling!!! Work it out! We want to hear about your really fitting into those sixes in a couple of weeks.
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Also keeping in mind that Old Navy runs SMAAAALL. Go to an Ann Taylor Loft and try some 6's on. They'll fit like a glove. ;-)

Great idea. I might just have to do that!
    That is so amazing and such a great feeling!!! Work it out! We want to hear about your really fitting into those sixes in a couple of weeks.

I'll definitely keep you all updated with pics when the next shopping trip comes!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Fitting into smaller jeans has got to be the BEST NSV!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome! Fitting into smaller jeans will ALWAYS feel great!!!

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna :)
  • cjr312
    cjr312 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's really amazing!! I love your attitude! You'll get to treat yourself to some new jeans before you know! Keep up the positive energy! Thanks for sharing and being inspiring!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    that's so awesome! and those jeans are cute! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!