I have over 600 cals left, not sure what to have for a snack

Options
So I have over 600 cals left for the day not including what I earned exercising. Would it be best to eat these calories or just leave them?

Any help would be appreciated

L

Replies

• akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you have over 600 of your daily food calories left NOT including exercise calories then yes you should most definitely eat them. Have a nice snack of some cheese, I love to do that when I have a large amount of calories left over after dinner. I also hear that nuts are a great snack and can help fill up those calories.
  • TheNewDoug
    Options
    If you need them to get to a minimum of like 1200 eat some peanut butter. If they are exercise calories, if you aren't hungry i wouldn't really worry about it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Eat if you're hungry. How about some peanut butter? Lots of calories in a small amount of food. Or have a treat if you like.

If you're not hungry, no need to force it. You could save the extra calories for tomorrow, or not eat them at all. I wouldn't make it a habit, but one day shouldn't hurt anything.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    This late at night, I would have maybe a 300 calorie a snack. High protein, low carb. That's my go-to evening snack is all natural peanut butter on celery or apples.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    boiled egg? nutella on whole grain bread? milk?
  • Here_I_Am
    Here_I_Am Posts: 44
    Options
    According to this I get 2070 cals a day. I am not hungry but may have a rice cake and pb before bed. Maybe I should reset my goals as I have it set as 1 lb per week.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter! 2tbs 190 calories! Stay at 1200 calories a day BEFORE your work out calories. I sometimes go over if I am famished, but I do not eat back my "earned calories".
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    This late at night, I would have maybe a 300 calorie a snack. High protein, low carb. That's my go-to evening snack is all natural peanut butter on celery or apples.
    What does the time have to do with it?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    eat them + the ones you earned!
    with that much left, its just not healthy. nuts are great for filling calories - have PB&J, or some cottage cheese with fruit and almonds. some ice cream in a protein shake maybe.
  • TheNewDoug
    Options
    That will give you 500 less calories a day.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter + banana = awesome!
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    According to this I get 2070 cals a day. I am not hungry but may have a rice cake and pb before bed. Maybe I should reset my goals as I have it set as 1 lb per week.
    1470 isnt too bad, if you hadnt exercised...how much did you burn?
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eat 'em! There might be a day when you don't have any calories left & you want something, so enjoy them now. :) Just try to eat something that's good for you. Trail mix makes a good snack because the nuts are good for you & the chocolate is yummy! Popcorn would also be good. Or a banana - there's 100 calories right there.
  • Here_I_Am
    Here_I_Am Posts: 44
    Options
    I burned 381 cals riding my stationary bike
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    I struggle with this often. I sit down at the end of the night to finish my diary only to see a huge number left. I DO NOT eat back calories I exercised away because that just doesn't make sense to me but just meeting my normal calorie goal can be a struggle. I know it is important but if I'm not hungry then why eat? Mindless eating is what I am trying to teach myself NOT to do!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose then 2 pounds a week would be fine, especially if you are comfortable eating less than what your goal is now.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'd say not to eat if you're not hungry.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    I burned 381 cals riding my stationary bike
    that leaves your body 1089 calories to function, which really isnt enough :/
    eat what you can tonight, try to net at least 1200. but its really best to eat all your calories. i wouldnt change your goal either - its a healthy loss and very manageable.
    i eat 1845 on rest days, and up to 2500 on exercise days. lost about a pound a week since i changed to that.
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thats 1/2 the days worth. Be careful to eat enough so you don't go into starvation mode :-) Also, eat at least some of your exercize calories.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd make a PB&J.