Ingestion, now I'm gaining weight back

Options
Help, if you can. I was really doing great on my 1200 calorie eating plan. My body began protesting to all the fruits and vegetables (or perhaps I have a medical problem? Can't see my doctor for three weeks). I do not have more than one or two daily, but my bowel movements are loosely formed to watery. And, my digestive system feels uncomfortable and noisy after meals. This is my second week.
I seem to do best on foods that are bad news. potatoes, macaroni and cheese, white bread. I have already gained a few pounds back and I feel very discouraged by whatever ails me. I also get very tired of eating this way.
I generally use fruit to keep my sweet tooth away. Last night I ate a large piece of Red Velvet cake, from the freezer. It did make my stomach calm down.:(

Can anyone help me out here? Soups sometimes soothe, but not always.

Replies

• Cholbrook008
    Cholbrook008 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do have the same problem after about 3 weeks it did level out for me. Now if I eat greasy or fried I have the previous problem.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Common for your body to have an adjustment period when switching from those comfort foods, which have almost zero fiber, to a plant-heavy consumption.

It is good for you . . . it does get better. Don't go back to the mac and cheese...that's what caused you to be over weight.
  • Marsha427
    Marsha427 Posts: 12
    Options
    I didn't realize it was common. So, how long does it take to adjust and get back to normal?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Well, that depends. Why don't you ease into it? Add vegetables to one meal for a week, then to two meals for a week, etc....

I think it took about two weeks for me, but I went from living on popcorn and ice cream to salads and chicken breast pretty much over-night. I had some *issues* for a few days there...called the doc and everything, like you did. :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    You and I are about the same age, too. Delicate little flowers, we are.
  • gCorbino
    gCorbino Posts: 1
    Options
    Make sure you're eating a balanced diet. The new recommendation is half of your plate should be non starchy vegetable, a quarter lean protein, & a quarter starchy vegetable. It's okay to have your mac & cheese in moderation. Don't try to change everything in your diet at once. Begin slowly & gradually you will adapt. I still enjoy my junk food in moderation & have lost over 35 lbs.
  • Marsha427
    Options
    I was eating balanced for a month; well, more than a month. I was on here about a month. I will began my diary tomorrow again. I get hungry, so I'd been using fruits/veggies to fill up on.
  • Marsha427
    Options
    pale yellow coloring...is that ok