Broken embarrassing stuff!!!

Options

Replies

• thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    omg your guys have made me lmaoh with this!!

i have broken my fair share of loo seats, garden chairs and a pc chair at work...(shame!) but as was mentioned by someone you really do learn to judge what you can actually sit on and not worry about the dreaded CRACCCKKKKKKK BANG!! lol

11795304.png
  • nightscare0
    Options
    I had gotten the biggest stability ball I could find. Made for really tall people, etc. So I blow this thing up last night and go to sit on it and I swear I almost bottomed out on the floor. My bf and I just looked at each other and cracked up. I was so glad it didnt explode, but the tension running through that bad boy at the time of impact made me kinda nervous. I swear the ball was visibly trembling under the strain! My bf helped me up, and it shot out from under me straight to the other side of the room (like it was running away or something). Ah well! :ohwell:
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier I did break a plastic chair sitting on it too hard.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I broke my husband's brand new office chair, after years of being so careful about what I trusted with my weight. I lost 130 lbs, and then broke his new chair--the air/shock adjustable part. Yeah, the humiliation was pretty intense, though I try not to think about it too much. If I hadn't lost weight, it wouldn't have happened because I wouldn't have sat on the thing. I just thought I'd lost enough. I was wrong :-/
  • Thriceshy
    Options
    i said s n i g g e r e d :/ as in laughed....

Do you mean "snickered?" Please tell me that's what you meant to say....

The word is S******ED, and it's not a racial thing.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/s******?s=t
  • Thriceshy
    Options

Do you mean "snickered?" Please tell me that's what you meant to say....

The word is S******ED, and it's not a racial thing.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/s******?s=t

Holy cow, the filter nails it? How sad!
  • Thriceshy
    Options

It's a perfectly acceptable and "real" word that has nothing to do with the racial slur--look it up, folks.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess this varies by country. In North America, it's snicker. Sorry. The word that is being filtered is a word that makes me uncomfortable, but I see that the word that makes me uncomfortable is not what was intended.
  • Carolynne1
    Options
    I had horrible luck on vacation one year! We were staying at a friends cabin and decided to have a bonfire. Brought a bunch of old lawnchairs out of the garage not knowing that they had been sitting for years. First I sat in a plastic chair, that broke. I moved to a fabric style one and that broke! Finally I gave up and went to sit on a tree stump only to find out it was dead and dry when a chunk of it fell off when I sat on it! Lesson learned, should have grabbed a rock like everyone else! lol My kids teased me forever but at least I knew it was old dry furniture that was the culprit!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Omg so many things have broke because of my weight lol 2 beds chairs ping pong table don't even ask damn thing closed me up in it I was mortified, my bed now is rump sprung is what my hubby calls it there is a huge divit in it and like this lump that separates the two of us. I am getting a new bed when I have lost 50 pounds.
  • minimetobe10
    Options
    I broke my uncle's antique guest bed when visiting him. I was mortified and weighed less than I do now. I live in fear of breaking a restaurant chair.
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I broke a hammock last summer the ropes actually broke sending me to the ground, a step on a ladder that was a scary moment, a metal folding chair folded up on me like a piece of tinfoil and those plastic lawn chairs are my worst enemy if they dont break my big hips would get stuck in them,My grandma got stuck in the turnstyle at the racetrack that was bad and scarred me for life I hate those things.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My chair at work creaks and clicks all the time. I'm not sure if it's because of me or if it was like that when I started but it makes me feel fat =(

And I've broken a bed frame but that was less contributed to weight, and more contributed to motion :blushing:
  • linda768
    linda768 Posts: 22
    Options
    Exercise ball. One minute I was doing sit-ups on my exercise ball the next my back was crashing to the hard floor. It's a pretty rotten feeling breaking workout equipment because you're so fat.

I know someone that tripped over an exercise ball and broke her shoulder from the fall. Scary part is that she's probably an average weight. Those things are dangerous!!!!

As far as what I've broken, toilet seats, chairs, a bed frame, lawn furniture, etc.
  • Dawnnan
    Dawnnan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband were looking for a new bed/mattress at a furniture store. The salesman suggested "Go ahead, sit, get comfortable, bounce..." So my husband did....Crash!! the bed broke. I almost peed myself! Never went back there!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    toilet seats yep.

plastic out side furniture yep.

school desk with the desk attached to a chair. yep.

old 70's chairs made out of a pipe yep.

A bed frame.

wal mart dinner chair.

it gets embarrassing...but what can you do?

I'm doing the best i can to lose the weight, but i feel like even if i get to the weight i'll still be too big for some things.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    <==== NOTORIOUS chair breaker - lawn chairs, camp chairs, beach chairs, folding chairs...I've broken em all!!

hmmmm...81lbs ago! I'm bettin Im not so good at this hilarious activity anymore (yeah its embarrassing, but still funny as hell - period).
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    Aaaaw you've all made me laugh so much hilarious and to think I was in two minds as to whether put this post up!!! As said before you've got to laugh and see the funny side. I'm hoping that when I lose all my weight to get a real fancy toilet seat!! Lol!,
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Toilet seats, flimsy deck furniture, a porch swing... yeah. :\
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    At my all-time heaviest, about 15 years ago, I was just minding my own business, sitting on a farm-style wood dining room chair. Suddenly, I'm on my *kitten* on the floor, not realizing for a few seconds what had just happened. All 4 legs of the chair just gave out, splayed out in 4 directions, and I'm still sitting on the chair seat. On the floor. Somehow, I did get punctured in the butt by a screw from one of the chair legs, and it ripped a hole in my favorite pair of flannel jammie boxers. My daughters and I could not stop laughing, even as I picked myself up and saw a stream of blood running down the back of my leg. Ahhhh, good times!