SMOKE FREE!!!

Options
I have been smoke free for a little over a month now, and I feel soo much better!!! even though I did put on 6 lbs, I am not going to complain. I do crave carbs like crazy, but now that I feel healthier, I have been watching what I eat a LOT closer.

I had a question for people that have quit... Did your taste buds change? Because I crave fruit(and I have never liked fruit) and I can't really stand fish(I have eaten it my whole life) and asparagus, Seriously, the taste is to strong now!!! So weird.. But I could eat bread all day long!!! Any tips on getting threw that??

Replies

• dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting! I reached my one year mark this past January 10th - so I pulled out my Wii and declared this the year of getting in shape! Your taste buds do change and the over powering tastes should subside a bit as time goes by although you will start to taste what things really are which may not be what you are used to. The worst part is that it takes 3 months for your endorphine system to kick back on - so exercise really helps as this generates endorphines. When you are getting cravings or feel down try to exercise for a little bit and you should find it helps perk up your mood. If you need support feel free to reach out to me - I'm online here everyday. Keep up the good work! And the other big change you will notice will be in your pocket book as it gets fatter. LOL
  • 1_day_at_a_time
    Options
    yaee on 1 year!!!! Ya, all i have been doing at this point is just taking it one day at a time..its all so new and weird!! thank you for the support!
  • tina_fay
    tina_fay Posts: 30
    Options
    Congrats! Today happens to be my 7 months quit day! You will only continue to feel better! Keep it up :)
  • mrp0905
    mrp0905 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband and I quit about 3 months ago and we noticed to same thing. Wait until your teeth start to whiten up and gums get full circulation back, best thing ever. Congrats on your hard won accomplishment!
  • mrp0905
    mrp0905 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made hot tea whenever I had a craving for a cigarette or food that was too strong, and by the time I warmed the water, steeped the tea, and doctored it up the craving was normally gone. Try some herbal mint tea if you need to avoid caffeine and sleepytime tea is great before bed. Great part is the warm liquid really helps make me feel full.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!