27 grams over my protein limit!!

Options
According to MFP, if I have fish tonight for dinner (which I really, REALLY want) I'll go over my protein limit by 27 grams! Holy cow! Is that bad?

I had a tuna sandwich for lunch so that took up a lot of protein as well.

As far as fats, calories, and carbs ... I haven't reached my limit yet.

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you're protein is the default (10%), it's fine. You can even increase it to 20%.
  • lilla19
    lilla19 Posts: 16
    Options
    personally, i don't even bother looking at the protein. i concentrate on how many calories, carbs and fat i have each day. for me, as long as i'm eating lean meats (fish, turkey, chicken or tofu - not a meat but still protein) i don't care how far i go over in that section. so eat up and enjoy your dinner!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

eat your fish and if you're really concerned, then plan better for tomorrow

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • camf1217
    camf1217 Posts: 11
    Options
    most people recommend 1 gram of protein per pound of lean muscle mass, so i went over by 44grams yesterday. Everything else was under i just eat a lot of learn protein (chicken, fish, turkey ....)
  • marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    Options
    you just pee out what you don't need in extra proteins.. don't sweat it. enjoy your fish!
  • jensocalgirl
    Options
    I personally don't think they give you enough protein on this site. I go over everyday. If you're working out you need the protein because its gonig to help build your muscle. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn.
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    I agree....enjoy your fish. Don't worry if you go over on protein, but are still within your cals