Frustration

Options
I started this program about a week ago ready to go with much anticipation following the calorie count the site recommends and regularly exercising only to get on the scale this morning to see that I gained 6.8lbs! Whats going on ?????HELP

Replies

• bigjimmyk
    Options
    I started this program about a week ago ready to go with much anticipation following the calorie count the site recommends and regularly exercising only to get on the scale this morning to see that I gained 6.8lbs! Whats going on ?????HELP
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Well you're certainly not going to put on 6 plound of fat in one week, especially not if you're following this plan. It's likely water/waste weight, or maybe the first time you weighed yourself wasn''t as accurate as the second time. Also keep in mind, muscle weighs more than fat! Stick with it, this plan DOES work. good luck! :drinker:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    hmm, well part of that could be daily fluctuation, but It sounds like you need to re-evaluate the goals and really make sure everything is correct. 6.8 is more then the normal person can gain in a week unless you are REALLY going over your calories by a ton (which, from your statements, doesn't sound like it's the case).

We can help if you like. Give us your goal lbs loss per week, your height, weight, activity level and what your goals say you should be eating. We should be able to come up with numbers that we can compare to what the site says.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    MAKE SURE SETTINGS ARE SET ON (LIFESTYLE) SEDENTARY OR LIGHTLY ACTIVE, UNLESS YOU ARE A WALKING MAIL CARRIER OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. yOU MAY BE GETTING TOO MANY CALORIES BECAUSE OF THIS. iT WOULDN'T CAUSE A 6LB GAIN BUT JUST EVALUATE THOSE AND YOUR FOOD SERVING SIZES!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Get a new scale!! :laugh:

As the others said, that is impossible to do in one week, so take a look at all of the factors and don't be frustrated - it does work - just read all of the proof on these boards!

One Day at a Time....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you've just started working out, your muscles may be full of glycogen and its friend water.

Here's an article. I love this article.

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    If you've just started working out, your muscles may be full of glycogen and its friend water.

Here's an article. I love this article.

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

:flowerforyou:

great article, that explains a few things
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Also, check your sodium intake too.

BTW - I just did the calc - to gain an extra 6.8 lbs in 1 week you would have had to consume an additional 23,800 calories over your maintenance calories. WOW!! Short of a medical problem one of the previous suggestions should do the trick!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Also, check your sodium intake too.

BTW - I just did the calc - to gain an extra 6.8 lbs in 1 week you would have had to consume an additional 23,800 calories over your maintenance calories. WOW!! Short of a medical problem one of the previous suggestions should do the trick!

Lol! "Ahh, hi, domino's? Can I have 78 pizzas with extra cheese and ahh. I don't know, maybe some full fat whipped cream? That'll be here in under an hour right?"
  • bigjimmyk
    Options
    my goal is to lose 1.5 lbs per week
    I am 6'1.5" my weight currently is 287
    and I am sedentary
    but I do work out an average of 40 minutes per day at least 5 days a week

PS thanks for everyones support much appreciated
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    also, weigh on the same scale every time, as different scales might give different (and unpleasant!) weights.