craving the sweets!! ugh.

Options
Ugh, craving those munchy sweets this afternoon. So instead of grabbing the nearest goody I am posting this...hmmmmm...need support! I don't need sugar!
I don,t want it either

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk! You can do this! Eat fresh fruit! :o)
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. This week has been a real struggle with craving junk. Does watermelon sound good?
    Good luck.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    How about some fruit sorbet? Weight watchers snack cakes? Strawberries with light chocolate syrup? You can do it! Be strong and make a better choice! I feel your pain!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird- but I eat a carrot. Not a chopped up one- just grab one and munch down.

They're a little sweet, super crunchy and by the time you're done the fiber will have filled you up a bit.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Sweets are my downfall! This week so far at the office we have a birthday every dang day. Yesterday it was cupcakes and pizza (which I fought all day to stay away from and I did). Today it was cake and assorted candy. ARGH! I've done well today too, but I have 2 hours left at work. This office can be toxic at times.

I always remember how awful I'll feel afterwards and how guilty I will feel. I think "to what end". You know what I mean? When will it end? I don't have self control so it would be on. It also helps me to remember that if I REALLY want something I can have it. That way I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. I also eat SF pudding or SF jello cups to help with the sweet tooth and it feels like a splurge. I would however distance myself BIG TIME if I could. So, if you can get away from your nemesis DO IT!

Good Luck! :smokin:
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I was craving sugar today too. Good thing I was at home and I never have any sugary foods at home. Here's what I did. It sounds weird and nasty, but I took a teaspoon of honey, dipped it into my green tea, and licked the rest of it off haha :laugh:. Oh and after I worked out at the gym I got a small italian ice :blushing:. Well at least I worked for my sugar.
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    this was always the worst for me!! especially with a thin-but-eats-whatever-he-wants-all-the-time fiance!!! whenever he would eat junk I would. good luck!!!

i know some people say a small cheat is fine, but for me a small cheat would turn into a sweet cravings binge! Now i make sure i have plenty of fruit on hand and/or a fiber one bard. And VERY surprisingly, last night i made a huuuuge batch of cupcakes for the fiance and the wonderful ladies at work and didn't touch a single one. didn't even lick the bowl! Instead I had a small fruit salad and water while i made and iced them.

Good luck to your cravings!!
  • schmoopie1213
    Options
    Dont give in like i have done so many times
    you give in one time then you will start to give
    in more and more so just go out side away
    from the figde and eat some friut:flowerforyou:
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all sooo much for coming to my rescue! :bigsmile: It's good to know that I'm not the only one and it was GREAT to hear all the wonderful suggestions.

With you ladies helping, I got through it and it didn't hurt at all..haha! I went to the post office and mailed a package, then came home and ate some veggies with a bit of ranch and a piece of cheese.

Thanks again ladies, keep up the good work!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: