I Am So Ashamed Of Myself

Options
Ughh I want to cry! I did so good for a whild keeping up on my 1200 cal diet and walking 5 miles a day 4 days a week. I have lost over 100 lbs over a 4 year period. The last few months I have blown it like everyday. Not like gordging myself but enough that I know. I feel like crap afterwards. I even eat when Im not hungry. Grr I am so mad at myself I could scream. I am GOING to start back tomorrow!!! I cant go back there I even have my fat pictures hanging up around the house and I still do it.

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    What happened? Did something trigger the setback a few months ago?
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We all have our bad days (or weeks) but knowing that you will get back on track is important and doing it.

Dont give up and keep plugging away xx
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear!! Has your life changed any lately? Work home stres?? You can do this. Just remember there is alot of support on here. Feel free to add me and I will try my hardest to help you!
  • deejayy89
    deejayy89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You have come too far to give up now!! It's okay to have bad days/weeks, we all do!
  • JackieO39
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We all blow it. Just get back on the horse and forgive yourself.
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You know what I did..I have put up little post it notes around the house where "quick foods" are located..aka..crackers, m+m's,cookies,chips and diet sodas ..and the notes simply say "Stay the Course" and "you can do it"..and "Think..Drink Water" and I tell you what it has stopped me in my tracks a whole bunch of times. Believe me I have gone round and round with the same 30 pounds and it is no fun to start sliding into a weight gain cycle..eat..get upset that you ate..eat again kind of cycle.
    Really try the post note trick..it can work!
    All the best, and start back up tomorrow.
    MaggieMay
  • RechargeShellee
    Options
    Don't be ashamed! You are human and we are allowed to make "learning mistakes". You can do it... everyday is a new day; just don't make tomorrow a mistake too!
  • Samysalsa
    Samysalsa Posts: 45
    Options
    Don't give up! You did so awesome already!

Just remember, tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to get back on track
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you are having such a hard time. Do you have friends that can help you do an "intervention" to keep you on track? If not, maybe going to a group where you can get support. Our hearts have a way of telling us truth. What is the truth that has surfaced during this time for you? Whatever it is, by facing it head on and owning it, it will mobilize you to move forward.

Go back to the basics and start from there. Here is a goal setting guide I use called SMART.

http://www.goal-setting-guide.com/setting-smart-goals-weight-loss

Many of us self-sabatoge our successes because there was a comfort in being a certain way before. If this is the case with you, look in the mirror and love your new you enough to keep the new you around for a VERY long time.
  • 4myboyz25
    4myboyz25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please han in thre i am to going through set back weeks and eat when i am not hungry. But every day i get back on the horse and try again. The road to weight loss is not an easy one and we all have our bumps along the way. You can do this!
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT LOSS AND LIFE CHANGES - As some of you may have noticed, your weight loss goals have probably caused you to reevaluate your life, priorities, and goals. In doing so, you may notice time wasters, draining relationships, and self-awareness. It's amazing working toward your weight loss goals can really put things in perspective. When I started out to loose weight, I was working 12 hour days, going to school, volunteering, and going nuts. Then I decided to start my own business, work from home, and go to school full time. I am very strategic about creating a life that allows me to live it fully. As you lose weight and navigate through life changes, here is a good list I found. It has some really sound advice that would be helpful in creating your new weight loss life. As you shed the pounds, go ahead and shed some emotional and mental baggage too! You DESERVE it! http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/12/11/30-things-to-stop-doing-to-yourself/
  • get0fit0freak
    get0fit0freak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! You all are awesome!! I did good today and actually got a 7 mile walk with Leslie Sansones walk at home I love her dvds and I have you all to thank. I have had some negative people my husband for one my kids BUT I am better than that I will not let them take this from me. I refuse!!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! You all are awesome!! I did good today and actually got a 7 mile walk with Leslie Sansones walk at home I love her dvds and I have you all to thank. I have had some negative people my husband for one my kids BUT I am better than that I will not let them take this from me. I refuse!!
    That's the spirit! You are too important to give up on!
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! You saw it, recognized it and are doing something about it.
    I can relate somewhat to this. Recently I lost about 50 pounds. Did it on my own and was feeling great (even though I wanted to lose another 50). I was at a point where I needed new clothes but wasn't completely comfortable in the next size (tried to buy just every other size).
    Well...something happened that really upset my life and all those bad habits came flooding back. I didn't care. Over the course of about a year, I gained back 30 lbs. My clothes that had been way too loose were now getting too tight. There was no way I was going to buy a bigger size! So here I am, getting ready to buy that smaller size again - yipee!
    Hang in there, it's not too late.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

That's the spirit!!! Keep up the great work and you are worth it!! Remember that :flowerforyou:
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    Hang in there!! You have done such an amazing job so far don't let the people that aren't backing you throw you off course. We are all here to support you!! You've taken the first step in getting back on track by working out today.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    take a deep breath, count to 10-100-1000, whatever will work. And then dig in your heels. All that you DID is in the past you should focus on the now, that is the only thing you can control. Plus don't beat yourself up that's the quickest way to gain all that weight back, just accept and move on saying "Ican do this, I can do this"
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do not be ashamed... everyone slips and falls.... but you are able to get up, dust yourself off and start again and keep going.. the strength in that alone is immense... Take Care of you!!!!! Good Luck... You are inspiring.....
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    One thing I learned along the way is the quicker you get back on the wagon, the easier it is to get on the wagon. I always had a hard time in the past of figuring that out. One day, can easily turn into one week, that can easily turn into one month, and then you get the guy at the gym clapping when you show up cause you haven't been there in 700 days. That's what happened to me, when I scanned my keytag.
  • Magiemoo
    Magiemoo Posts: 1
    Options
    take a deep breath, count to 10-100-1000, whatever will work. And then dig in your heels. All that you DID is in the past you should focus on the now, that is the only thing you can control. Plus don't beat yourself up that's the quickest way to gain all that weight back, just accept and move on saying "Ican do this, I can do this"
    [/You need to do this for yourself you have done so well so far so you know you can do it. Stand back take a deep breathe and do this for you. Good luck and stay positive 100lbs is awesomequote]